Discoveries

Louis

"Well what the heck are we supposed to do for dinner tonight?" I ask Mikaela as we sit outside by the pool.

She looks up from her magazine and tilts her head in confusion. "Dinner? We haven't even had lunch yet. Why are you worrying about dinner?"

"Because it's Sunday dinner, and two of the people that are supposed to make the meal are out in San Francisco."

"Oh, it's not a big deal," Mikaela smiles at me as she goes back to reading her Cosmopolitan magazine. "The two of us can make the dinner, if you're up for that. What if we had homemade pizza? That would be fun to make!"

"It would also be very messy."

"Yes, but if we're the ones making dinner, we don't have to do the clean up. Remember?" Mikaela glances up and me and winks as she starts to laugh. "It'll be fun."

I sigh and nod my head before laughing, "I guess so. Is your brother going to stay for dinner?"

I haven't seen Andy today, and I'm really glad. He's not really on the list of people I care to see. He's a jerk to his own sister, so I don't understand why anyone would want to be around him. Brooke wouldn't leave him alone. I guess jerk-ish personalities attract each other. I'm surprised she left yesterday rather than wanting to spend as much time as she could with him. Maybe she got bored.

Ever since our trip to Disneyland and the talk between Mikaela and Andy, Mikaela has been remarkably different. She's not as cheery as she used to be, although I'll give her an A for effort in trying to pretend she still is. Her smile never reaches her eyes, her posture has begun to slump, and she doesn't seem to want to do anything except sit around the house. She spent the entire day yesterday holed up in her room, and she never changed out of her pajamas, nor did she put one ounce of makeup on. That's not like her. I think I'm the only one that has noticed the changes, and maybe I'm the only one that pays enough attention to care. But the change in Mikaela's demeanor concerns me, and I know it has something to do with her brother being a dick.

And where is Bradley in all of this? If he's so interested in Mikaela and wants to be her boyfriend, then I would have thought he'd be around. If they talk on the phone, he should have noticed the change in her voice, and he should have cared enough to check up on her. I'm starting to not like that guy either.

It would be completely out of character if I called Andy out on his crap, but that's exactly what I want to do. It's been building inside me since Disneyland and all day yesterday when he ignored everyone in the house except for Niall. He's just a player. No offense to Liam, but I'll bet he acts the exact same way Liam did before he met Aubrey: just moving from one person to the next for a hookup.

Why do people like this exist?

Mikaela keeps her eyes focused on the magazine pages as she shrugs her shoulders. "I'm not sure what Andy is doing. He hasn't quite told me what his exact plans are or when he's leaving, so I don't know a darned thing."

"I still think you should say something to him about your conversation on Friday," I nod my head as I stare at her. "Obviously that went nowhere, so I think he needs to be told again. And you need to be more assertive with it."

It feels weird to be telling Mikaela to be assertive and confident when she has a conversation with someone. It's usually her telling me all of that.

Just when she is about to open her mouth to respond, the door to the house opens up and Andy strolls out. He runs his hand through his fluffy hair as he slides on a pair of sunglasses. It looks like everything in going in slow motion as a breeze picks up and the sun shines directly on him, like some kind of scene from a movie. All it does is make me want to throw up at the sight of him. There's nothing about the guy that I like.