Chicken Fight

a/n: sorry for the wait! i had a hard time putting this together 

Niall

"One, two, three, jump!" I shout just before I leap into the air. I do a quick flip before I land into the cold pool water, feeling goosebumps starting to form across my skin.

After dinner, I convinced some of the housemates to get into the pool with me. It took a little persuasion for some people, but I'm sure once they had seen my awesome physique after taking off my shirt, they were totally convinced it was a good idea. Who wouldn't want to go for an evening swim during the summer? 

Although, the real reason I suggested going for a swim was because it's the quickest way to get people nearly naked. 

I'm a smart guy. What's wrong with wanting to see what I'm actually living with?

I was able to convince everyone except for Louis. What a fuckin' weirdo. Dude's got some major problems. He needs to stop being so quiet and actually say a word. That was the most awkward situation I'd ever been in when everyone left to go to the store.

While they were out, it was only Louis and me left in the house, and since we were sharing a room, I thought it'd be a good thing to get to know each other. But Christ, that kid makes it a little too obvious that he doesn't like me. We'll need to work on that. 

The only person he seems to listen to is Mickey. I don't even think he likes anyone else in the house. He's going to have a grand ol' time in here for the next three months.

As I come up to the surface of the water, I shake my head from side to side, throwing water everywhere. Brooke and Zayn break the surface, laughing together and making comments on how the water feels cold. Harry is making his way into the water from the stairs at the other end of the pool. He turned down jumping in with us because apparently he wasn't interested.

Just as I turn my head to the side, I see Liam pick up Aubrey and jump into the pool with her in his arms. I feel this slight twinge of jealousy as I watch them together. He wraps his arms around her waist and she clutches onto his forearms as they fall into the water.

Aubrey is hot. There's no doubt about it. I had my eyes on her, but by the looks of it, it seems like she's pretty fond of Liam. Now, I have no issue competing with Liam over who gets the girl, a little competition keeps things exciting, but he looks like the kind of guy that gets what he wants. 

Although, that's not going to stop me from pulling a few moves on her. Maybe snatch her up right under his nose. I'll plan on that.

I dip back under the water and smooth my hair back as I come up. Mickey swims over to me and hits me in the head with one of those pool noodle things.

"Ohh," I laugh, tilting my head in a challenging manner. "You do not want to start that. You'll lose."

"No, actually," she raises her brow at me and smirks. "I'll win."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that."

I lunge at her, causing her to yelp as I grab onto the styrofoam noodle. She starts splashing me in the face and laughing really loudly. She says a few things, but with her southern accent and the noises of splashing water, I can't really understand her. 

I can't really understand her that much anyways. I just pretend like I have a clue of what on earth she's talking about. She talks too fast sometimes. Must be a side effect of her hyperactivity. 

Mickey and I continue to fight, splashing each other and yelling nonsense and dunking each other under the water. It was going great until Liam decided to join in and tag team with Mickey against me. The dude is a lot stronger than he looks.