Rough Mornings

Zayn

"This place is entirely full of shit," I groan as I pick up cans and stuff them into the garbage bag I'm holding. "I cannot believe the mess that's been made. And the people that stayed the night ... who even are they?!"

We've been cleaning for over an hour now, and it barely looks like we have put a dent into the disaster. The party was great and all, but never again will we be the ones to host a house party. I am not for this clean up. If we decide to do this again, I will gladly hire a cleaning service.

Brooke mops up the tiled floor of the living room and wipes sweat from her forehead. "This is a lot more work than I anticipated. And why are we the only ones cleaning? Where is Harry?"

"Probably with Aubrey or Liam," Mikaela pipes in as she drags a garbage bag behind her. She glances back and forth between Brooke and I. "The three of them aren't here, so I'm going to assume they're out together."

"Odd pairing, the three of them," I tilt my head. 

I can't imagine Harry willingly going out to hang around with Aubrey and Liam together. Aubrey and Liam alone is like a time-bomb waiting to go off. They may not act like something is going on between them, but I am not stupid. I know damn well that they're doing something. One does not act awkwardly and stand rigidly with another person unless they are having relations that they're trying to hide. Or unless something more abusive happened, but I high doubt that's the case here.

"I haven't seen Harry since the near beginning of the party last night. What happened to him? He didn't get sick again, did he?" The look of concern across Brooke's face takes over her entire demeanor. She takes a quick scan around the house, double-checking that none of the people still passed out in the house are Harry.

"Oh he was fine," Niall interrupts as he walks down the stairs. He smirks at the three of us and pulls on a shirt. I can't help it as my eyes roam him chest before it's covered by material. "He was all over that one girl. She was sexy as fuck, too. I think he got it in." My eyes immediately dart over to Brooke, whose entire presence seems to deflate. Just as I'm about to say something to her, Niall starts to speak again. "But that's not important! What's important is that I, Niall Horan, did the dirty with Aubrey James."

"What?!" Mikaela nearly chokes as she drops the garbage bag. "Does Liam know?" Her eyes grow wide as she covers her mouth. "I mean, you know, since he probably talks to her the most in the house. Um, tater tots. Just forget I said anything."

Her comment goes unnoticed by Niall, and I can see a ripple of relief run through her, though she nervously watches Brooke and me.

"I have no idea if he knows. She told me not to tell him," Niall continues, still standing in the middle of the staircase. His brows are drawn together as he scratches his head. Suddenly he shakes his head and jumps down the rest of the stairs. "Well, actually, Aubrey told me not to say anything. I'm not sure if she was referring to all of you or just Liam. But I'm going to assume Liam because I just told all of you."

"What the hell is going on in this house?" I say aloud, more to myself in a rhetorical manner.

First we have Aubrey and Liam, now Aubrey and Niall, and shockingly Harry and someone else? I need to have a conversation with that boy right away. He will not treat my Brooke in such a way.

"Are you alright?" I quietly ask my best friend.

She masks a smile, one that I can obviously see through. "I'm fine. I'm just tired from all this cleaning. Maybe all the cleaning products are giving me a headache. You know what, I'm going to go check on Louis. I think he's still in my room, and he might be feeling really sick. I just want to make sure he's okay and see if he needs help or water or-"