Satisfied

Niall 

"So what's your story?" I ask Zayn as I prepare myself some lunch. 

I've been so bored all day, the only thing I can think of doing is having an actual conversation with Zayn as he's the only person in the house that isn't busy. Liam and Aubrey have locked themselves in Liam's room, Harry left this morning with Scarlett, Louis and Mikaela aren't around, and Brooke looked like she would stab me in the face if I bugged her. Typically, I'd bug Brooke anyway just to get a reaction, but I'm not feeling like today is the day I'm going to die.

It's a Friday, so I'll probably head over to a club tonight. Maybe I'll even hit up a bar or two beforehand. I need to find something entertaining.

But here I am with Zayn, making myself a meal in the kitchen as he awkwardly searches for something to keep him occupied. I think it's a little obvious he's just trying to find something to keep busy and prevent an awkward air between us, but it's making things a little worse. He's been so odd about this whole friends with benefits thing. I can tell he's never had this kind of relationship with anyone else before, which can be annoying at times. 

The two of us have fucked a couple of times this week, and unfortunately it's just been weird. I would've thought that just fucking around with Zayn would be fun, but if things are going to continue the way they have been, I'm going to need to put an end to this. 

I don't know what it is. It's like he expects more from me because we're fucking. All I am here for is a quick fuck and then I leave, but he gives off the vibe that he wants to cuddle afterwards or go out to dinner and that's not what I'm in this for.

I need to go out tonight and find someone that is on the same page as me because I think Zayn and I are in two completely different books.

"I don't have a story," Zayn shakes his head as he grabs a dish in the sink to wash. 

"Everyone has a story," I roll my eyes and take a bite of my sandwich. "Some people just have longer, more interesting ones than the rest."

"Well, there's really nothing to tell about me."

I'm starting to feel annoyed with him. Sighing, I turn around to face him, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Yes there is. What was it like to come out? What are your parents like? Did you have a good childhood? When did you know you liked dick?"

"Calm down, please," Zayn's eyes grow wide as he looks around the kitchen in search of someone else in the house. 

"Oh please," I roll my eyes. "We all know you're gay, so what's the harm in knowing your backstory?"

"It's just something I haven't seriously discussed with someone before, okay?"

Shaking my head, I take another bite of my sandwich and nod toward him. "Well get talking. I want to know about you."

Zayn shifts his weight between his feet, obviously a little uncomfortable that I'm asking a personal question. Now I don't know if it's really uncomfortable for him because he hasn't talked about it before or if it's because whatever happened in the past was really shitty for him. Either way, I want to know what the hell happened because I'm just one fucking nosy person. 

It takes him a while to decide whether or not he wants to have this conversation with me, and in the meantime I've already finished my sandwich and had an internal debate on if I want to make myself another one.

But because he's taking too damn long to say a fucking word, I make the decision to tell him my story first. 

"Okay, you know what? I'll go first," I grab the loaf of bread on the counter, having made another decision for myself to have a second sandwich. I'm going to need something to munch on by the time Zayn tells me his story. "It was middle school for me when I started to think that I had an interest in boys and girls. I found myself staring at every girl in the school and staring at all the guys in the locker room after P.E. class. It wasn't until I got to high school that I knew for sure that I played for both teams."