Making Friends

a/n: hii! the new cover is only temporary! i really like the brady bunch feel to it, so that's why i made it. but i'll be changing it back to the last one when i feel like this cover has run its course haha

Louis

Guess who snores like a dang mack truck? The one kid I have to share a room with. Yay me.

This place I'm living in is a madhouse. I live with a bunch of crazy people. I'm going to have a serious talk with Eleanor today since she didn't pick up her phone yesterday. Damn her for convincing me to move out here for three months. I should have just stayed in Seattle and continued on with my job as a sandwich maker because that's my comfort zone.

I don't fit in with these people. I don't even like most of them. They all suck.

Except for Mikaela. She's kind of cool, I guess. I mean, if there's any one person in this house that I'd want to be around, it's definitely Mikaela. I think she's the most normal of the people I'm living with. Although, she is a little hyperactive. In a way she reminds me of Eleanor with how talkative and outgoing she is.

Maybe this is a good sign, a sign that we will get along.

I toss the bed spread off of myself as I've had enough of listening to Niall snore. I may have to run to the store today and buy some ear plugs, maybe even an eyemask or a white noise machine. Would it be weird if I bought one of those pillows that plays music from my phone?

You know what? Maybe I just need to go to the store and buy one of those clothespins and stick it on Niall's nose. That could be the solution to all my problems. Seriously, how am I supposed to sleep when he's on the opposite side of the room, snoring like a lawnmower?

I cannot survive in that room.

What would everyone say if I started to sleep on the couch downstairs? Is that weird?

I'm running through all the possibilities in my head as I walk down to the kitchen. It's pretty early in the morning, and I thought I heard people already awake. At least, I thought I heard glass breaking, so someone is definitely awake.

As I step into the hallway, I catch a glimpse of that Harry kid walking out of his room. He's rubbing his eyes as his brows are knit together, and his hair looks like one gigantic bird's nest. He takes a few wobbly steps before slowly making his way down the stairs, unaware that I am standing at the door of my room. He could have easily seen me there, but he just looks way too tired to process anything going on.

I decide to wait a few moments before I follow him down to the kitchen area. It would be weird if I just showed up behind him, like I was stalking him or something.

When I hear the beginnings of a conversation, I head towards the stairs and quickly descend. The sounds of pieces of glass clinking together is coming from the kitchen area, and as I start to head in that direction, I'm caught off guard by Aubrey rushing out of there.

She moves so quickly, brushing by me but not recognizing that I was even present. Her hands run through her hair before she slightly tugs on the strands, mumbling a distressed "what the fuck was I thinking?"

It seems a little odd, and quite suspicious, because I can't tell if she's refering to whatever broken glass is in the kitchen or something else. It would be weird if she was freaking out like that over a broken plate.

But as I round the corner and step into the kitchen, something in my mind just clicks. I'm not stupid. I know exactly what happened in here. I have lived with Eleanor long enough to know when someone just got laid. And that stupid smirk on Liam's face is the same that Eleanor's boyfriend wears. I hate that guy.