Meet Niall & Zayn

Niall

I open the door to the diner, hearing the bells ring as they clank against each other. Some of the waiting staff wave at me in a friendly manner, most of the females sending me a flirty smile. A couple of the guys send me annoyed looks as a few others grin in my direction.

Walking over towards my normal booth, I sit down and set my sunglasses on the table, picking up a menu in the process. I don't even have to look up from the laminated sheets of paper in front of me to know who's standing at my side.

"Hi, Marie," I smirk just before I turn my head to look at her.

She stands at the end of my booth, her diner uniform a little wrinkled as her arms cross over her chest, "What are you doing here?"

"I come here everyday, babe. It shouldn't be a surprise."

"Why do you come here?" She rolls her eyes. "It's not for the food because the food sucks here."

"Maybe I actually like the food. The pancakes are super delicious."

Marie's eyes narrow at me before she just sighs, "You make my life so stressful."

"I know a way I can help you to de-stress," I wink.

She knows exactly what I mean. I've been at this for so long with her, and every reply is the same. I will break down that wall of hers sooner or later.

"No way," she shakes her head. "I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than sleep with you."

I finally set the menu down and lean back in the booth, "Aw why not? I'm not that bad."

"Niall, you've slept with everyone on the waiting staff-"

"Except for you."

"And we're going to keep it that way," she takes a seat across from me in the booth, and I lean forward with my hands clasped together. "We've been friends for, what, six years? You've slept with my best friend, pretty much everyone I work with, and you slept with my brother. On what planet do you think I'd actually take my pants off for you?"

I purse my lips to the side and flip my hand around in a circle, "I'm thinking Mars is a good place."

"Give it up," she lightly pats my hand and slides out of the booth. "You're not getting in my pants."

"Not today, at least."

Marie rolls her eyes again and pulls out her little notepad, "Orange juice?"

"And the usual."

She scribbles down my order on her notepad and walks off. I watch her hips slightly sway from side to side, wishing I could just take her into the back of the diner. 

I place the menu back in its little holder and pull out my phone. So yeah, maybe I've slept with a bunch of people. I don't see the harm. I'm young and just having the time of my life while I can. I can and will do whatever the hell I want.

I just want to party and have fun and not worry about stupid shit. I used to always worry about things, but now I just say fuck it. I'll do what I want, when I want, with whomever I want, and no one is going to stop me.

Marie brings over my orange juice and quickly follows with my food. I always plan my visits here according with her schedule, so once she brought me my items, she had her first break. She sits down in the booth once again and picks off my plate of food. She's lucky we're friends, or else I'd be slapping her hand away.

"So what've you been doing since I saw you last?" Marie asks, taking a sip of my orange juice.

I shrug my shoulders as I cut some pieces of pancake, "Not a whole lot. Just thinking about something."