Chapter 4

A whole week had passed since Maxie had found out that she was pregnant with Nathan's child and Maxie was trying to decide what to do. Maxie sat alone in her living room thinking to herself about the situation that she was currently in and just how she was going to get herself out of it.

"Come on Maxie there is no way you are going to be able to pass this baby off as Dante and Lulu's, but then again Dante and Lulu just want a baby they don't care about genetics." Maxie says to herself.

"No I can't do that to them Dante and Lulu have been nothing but great friends to me. Plus Nathan seems like a great guy could I actually keep the fact that I am carrying his child from him? But then again Nathan and I aren't together all the more reason to give this baby to Dante and Lulu."

Maxie's thoughts are interrupted by her phone ringing again. She nervously walks over to her phone thinking that it is Nathan again but she then notices that it is just Ellie.

Maxie picks up her phone.

"Hello Ellie what can I do for you?"

"Oh Maxie good I'm glad that you are there. I was just wondering if you were home I forgot a couple of things there when I moved out last week and I was hoping that I could send Damien over there to pick them up for me."

"Yes, Ellie I am home and sure send Spinelli over."

"Okay, great thanks Maxie. Damien should be over in about an hour bye."

"Bye Ellie."

Maxie sits there staring at her phone she wished that she could just pick up her phone and call Nathan and tell him that she was pregnant with his child, but she just couldn't. Maxie should have answered his phone call when he called her last week when she was leaving the hospital but she needed time to think so she ignored his call.

Maxie had to push her baby mess aside for a while because she was currently waiting for her new roommate to arrive. Since Ellie had decided to move out Maxie had decided to find a roommate to make up Ellie's half of the rent and thankfully she had found someone so quickly.

Thirty minutes later Maxie hears a knock on the door and she gets up to answer the door thinking that must be Spinelli.

"Spinelli you're early Ellie said you wouldn't be here for another hour." Maxie says as she opens the door.

Maxie opens the door to the shock of her life.

Maxie looks to see that Nathan West was the person knocking at her door.

Maxie looks at Nathan and says, "You're not Spinelli!!"

Nathan looks at Maxie and smiles while saying, "No I'm not."

Maxie then closes the door in Nathan's face.

Maxie then says through the door, "Nathan what in the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me or something?"

Nathan then says through the door, "What? Maxie of course I'm not stalking you. I didn't even know that you lived here and the reason I am here is because I saw that there was a person looking for a new roommate and I needed a place to stay. So it looks like I'm your new roommate."

Maxie then says, "That is impossible. You don't even live in Port Charles. You live in Manhattan in a pretty nice place that is a lot better than my apartment."

"Not anymore I live in Port Charles now. I needed a change and I got a job offer here in Port Charles. So will you please let me in now?"

Maxie then says under her breath, "Great this is just my luck."