Chapter 5

Maxie was in her living room waiting for Lulu to arrive so that they could go to her doctor's appointment. Maxie was really happy that Nathan had to be at work early so he was not home. Maxie was not prepared to deal with the questions that Nathan would have for her.

There is then a knock on the door and Maxie goes over to the door and opens it.

Lulu walks through the door while saying, "I told Dante he didn't have to join us since the doctors are just checking your levels."

Well then Lulu why don't you just skip the appointment, too? You have better things to do than sit around a doctor's waiting room reading old issues of parenting magazines."

Lulu then looks at Maxie and says, "We have been over this. You're carrying my baby. I'm gonna be involved every step of the way."

"You know, I can handle it from here. You have better things to do than wait in the exam room while Dr. Westbourne draws blood." Maxie says.

Lulu then says, "Um -- I know that you think that I'm obnoxious, but I will be better today. I swear."

"Lulu, you don't have to prove anything to me."

"I'm not trying to prove anything to you. I'm so grateful that you're my surrogate, and I want to be totally involved, and so I need to know firsthand everything that goes on with the baby." Lulu says.

Lulu looks down at the floor and sees a pair of dumbbells.

"Speaking of everything that is going on with this baby. Who do those belong to?" Lulu says pointing to the dumbbells on the floor.

"Oh those they belong to my new roommate Nathan."

"New roommate?" Lulu says.

"Yes when Ellie moved out I put up a post for a new roommate and Nathan showed up at my door. But don't worry Lulu Nathan is a great guy and he will not cause any stress for me or the baby."

"Well alright. Let's get you to your appointment." Lulu says.

Maxie and Lulu head out the door and they go to General Hospital for Maxie's appointment.

When Maxie and Lulu get to General Hospital they open the door of the exam room to see Doctor Westbourne throwing a box of gloves across the exam room.

Maxie then says, "Dr. Westbourne, I'm, uh, here to get my blood drawn."

Lulu looks at Maxie and then at Britt while saying, "Maybe we should come back another time."

"Why? Now's perfect. There's something you should know about that baby, Lulu. Your friend Maxie here has been lying to you." Britt says.

Lulu looks at Maxie and says, "What is she talking about?"

Britt then says, "New Year's -- Maxie slept with someone.

Lulu looks at Maxie and says, "Maxie H-how could you? Who did you have sex with was it Spinelli?"

"No Lulu I was definitely not Spinelli."

"Then who?" Lulu says.

Maxie then looks at Lulu and says, "It was Nathan."

"Wait your roommate? I thought you just met him."

Maxie then says, "Well the truth is I actually met him on New Year's and we really hit it off and one thing led to another and we ended up having sex."

Maxie while you were out fulfilling your own personal needs did you ever once think about me and Dante? What about the baby? We barely found out that we were just pregnant.