Chapter 18

Maxie comes in to the living room and looks at Ellie and says, "So, when Nathan gets here, are you gonna keep your mouth shut, or are you going to tell him this baby I'm carrying is his and not Dante and Lulu's?"

Ellie looks at Maxie and says, "As the child's biological father, he has the right to know."

Maxie says, "Have you thought about how badly this could misfire for you? Do you really want to spend the rest of your life in jail because if you tell Nathan the truth I will make sure that happens? And have you thought about what it would do to Dante and Lulu to lose this baby after all they have been through? Dante and Lulu are in the middle of a crisis. Dante's wife doesn't even recognize him. She pregnant with his child but she doesn't even remember the love that came together for them to even conceive that child. Are you going to make him feel even worse by telling him that he is only going to have one child to be a father to? He has already invested so much into this child are you really going to take this away from him?"

They both hear a knock on the door and Maxie walks over to the front door.

They hear Dante say from the other side of the door.

"Maxie, it's Dante."

Maxie looks at Ellie and says, "Not one word."

Dante then says, "You in there? It's important."

Maxie opens the door and says, "Hey, come on in."

Dante comes in and says, "Hey."

Ellie looks at Dante and sighs.

Maxie looks at Dante and says, "What's up? How's Lulu?"

Dante sighs and says, "Pretty much the same. I think I made a little bit of progress yesterday, though."

"Is she starting to remember?" Maxie says.

Dante then says, "Sort of. We were at the Floating Rib. I was telling her how we met there, and it seemed like something was coming back to her, and then Milo walks in, and then whatever memory that was gone."

Maxie says, "Well, that sounds like progress."

"Right, right. So I want to take advantage of that. I think if she sees you now, it'll help nudge her in the right direction, especially when she sees how pregnant you are with our kid. Maybe it will help her make sense of being pregnant herself." Dante says.

Dante then says, "So, you come with me, come see her?"

Maxie grabs her purse and says, "Well, Connie gave me the morning off so I could go to my checkup, but if we hurry, we could see Lulu before my appointment. Come on. "

As Maxie and Dante heads towards the door Ellie says, "Detective Falconeri, wait!"

Dante says, "Ellie, is it important?"

Maxie gives Ellie a death glare.

Ellie then says, "I... I just wanted to say I hope Lulu recovers."

Maxie opens the door and grabs Dante arms and says, "Oh, great. Come on. Come on, Dante, let's go."

As they walks out the door the see Nathan.

Maxie looks at Nathan and says, "Hey Nathan! We are kind of in a rush to go see Lulu but I will call you after my appointment and then maybe we can meet up and have a little lunch date before we both have to go back to work.

"I would love that you just take care of the little one and I will see you later." Nathan gives Maxie a quick peck and her and Dante head out the door.

Nathan looks at Ellie and says, "Is there a reason Maxie and Dante are in such a rush to go meet with Lulu."

Ellie looks at Nathan and says, "Um, no. They just wanted to see Lulu to try to jog her memory."