Chapter 16

Maxie knocks on the door of Dante and Lulu's apartment.

After a few seconds Dante opens the door.

Maxie walks into their apartment and says, "Good morning! Ooh, sorry to interrupt your little romantic reunion, but I really wanted to see Lulu."

Dante looks at her and says, "Maxie, this is..."

Maxie cuts him off and says, "I know she's probably exhausted from being held hostage or kidnapped or whatever it was you guys just got back from, but I'm gonna be at Crimson all day, and I wanted to fill her in."

Dante then says, "Okay, but Maxie..."

"Yay, Crimson! I got my job back! I promise I won't take up too much of Lulu's time, though. I have to go to the Floating Rib and get Connie breakfast..." Maxie says.

Dante then says, "Maxie, stop! Please, just stop for a second, okay? Lulu...isn't here."

Maxie gives him a weird look and says, "Well, then, where is she?"

Dante says, "I wish I knew. She's missing."

"How can Lulu be missing again? You told me that you and her parents rescued her from whatever Cassadine had grabbed her this time." Maxie says.

Dante then says, "Oh, we did."

Maxie says, "Well, then what the hell happened? You couldn't have lost her twice in a row."

Dante then sighs and says, "I did. She came back from this whole thing a little bit traumatized and confused."

Maxie says, "Confused, um, how?"

Dante then says, "Confused as in she doesn't remember me or her family or any of her life in Port Charles. Oh and did I forget to tell you that Lulu is pregnant."

Maxie looked at Dante and says, Wait! What did you just say? Lulu is pregnant but how that doesn't make any sense. Did those Cassadine's do something to her? I mean that fact that you say she is pregnant and she doesn't remember you and her parents."

Dante then says, "No, Maxie she was pregnant before the Cassadine's kidnapped her. But as far as the memory loss goes she doesn't remember any of us. She doesn't even know who she is."

Maxie then says, "How is it possible that Lulu is pregnant the whole reason I agreed to be a surrogate is because we all thought she couldn't carry her own child. Lulu is pregnant and she has memory loss that is so horrible. Have you taken Lulu to General Hospital to get her and the baby checked out?"

"Yeah, we did that. He ran some tests, and we don't know the results yet, but he said that there was no physical harm done to her or the baby." Dante says.

Maxie then says, "Maybe she needs a therapist. Or a hypnotist. I wonder if Kevin Collins is still in town."

Dante says, "You know, before we go and find him, we actually have to find Lulu."

Maxie then says, "I thought you said that they were running tests on her at the hospital. I just assumed she stayed there overnight."

"Yeah, well, she didn't stay. She, I guess, had been through enough with Stavros and me breathing down her neck, and she had it. She took off." Dante says.

Maxie then says, "She just walked out of the hospital?"

Dante says, "Yeah. I've been looking for her ever since. And I'm just getting scared that where she is, she's alone, and pregnant, and she has no one to turn to."

"This is impossible. Lulu has to remember something." Maxie says.

Dante then says, "The only thing Lulu remembers is how to be a Spencer. She doesn't actually remember any of the Spencers."