Chapter 28

Maxie had just made it to work and she was on the phone with Nathan as she entered the office.

"Nathan the baby and I are doing just fine. Nothing drastic has changed since I just saw you this morning. Yes, I promise I will take it easy. Nathan I have to go if I don't have this office set up exactly how Connie likes it by the time she gets in she is going to be extremely upset. I love you and I will see you later bye."

Maxie hangs up the phone and walks over to her desk.

Maxie sits down and immediately goes to work on her computer.  After fifteen minutes of working Maxie pulls up a picture of her last sonogram and says, "Look at you...you beautiful little peanut."

Maxie then feels the baby move and she grabs her stomach and says, "Oh I know I shouldn't have mentioned peanuts. I'd kill for some and some chocolate firmly together."

A very pregnant Lulu enters the office with bags and says, "Did someone say chocolate?"

Maxie quickly closes the page with the picture and turns around and says, "Please tell me that ice cream you have in that bag is peanut butter cup."

"But of course." Lulu says.

"Lulu you totally read my mind I guess it is a good thing that we both are pregnant because I have someone to understand my cravings."

"Oh but Maxie I'm not done I also brought a jar of Pickle Lila to satisfy the classic pregnancy craving for both of us." Lulu says while pulling out the jar of relish.

Maxie then looks up at Lulu and says, "I love you."

"Are you talking to me the ice cream or the relish?" Lulu asks.

Maxie smiles and says, "All of you. Now hold on I know there are some spoons around here somewhere."

Maxie gets up from her desk and begins searching for both her and Lulu some spoons around the office.

Lulu pulls up a chair to Maxie's desk and says, "So what was it like?"

Maxie continues searching for spoons and says, "What was what like?"

"Having Nathan as the baby's daddy?" Lulu says as she sits down the snacks on Maxie's desk.

Maxie finds the spoons and then sits down and says to Lulu, "Okay... now you have officially lost me. Umm... Nathan as the baby's father?"

Lulu then says, "Child birthing class. Dante told me that Nathan volunteered to take you to fill in."

"For a second there I thought your mother in laws crazy antics had rubbed off on you." Maxie says.

They both open their ice cream and then Lulu looks at Maxie and says, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there."

"Hey it's not your fault that your mother in law chose that day to have an LSD episode and it's not Dante's fault that he had to come and help you calm her down. How is Olivia anyway?"

Lulu then says, "Good. So tell me about the class."

Maxie begins eating ice cream and then says, "It was good it went fine."

"Come on Maxie that's all you're going to give me?"

Maxie turns to face Lulu and says, "We did a lot of breathing exercises, Epiphany yelled at us, and then it was over."

"And how was Nathan as a coach?" Lulu says.

"He didn't do very much he just sat behind me the whole time." Maxie says.