Chapter 10

Maxie was sitting down in her living room thinking about Lulu and hoping that her best friend is doing fine and that hopefully she will be home soon safe and sound.

Maxie's thoughts are interrupted by a knock on her door.

Maxie gets up and answers the door to be greeted by her mother.

Felicia says, "Hey!"

Maxie gives her mother a hug and says, "Hi! Hi."

Felicia then says, "Hi. I come bearing dinner...two half slabs from the Floating Rib."

Maxie takes the bag from her mom and says, "Okay..."

Felicia then says, "With all the fixings."

"Thank you, Mom, but you didn't have to do that. I already have a salad ready and waiting." Maxie says.

Felicia grabs the bag from Maxie and takes it to the kitchen while saying, "Oh. What a coincidence. Because I have a salad in the bag, so that way you have one for the baby and one for you."

"You don't need to remind me that I'm eating for two. I already know that. And you don't have to worry that we're gonna go hungry. You don't have to worry about that at all." Maxie says.

Felicia then says, "Why? Because the baby is Lulu's and Dante's? It doesn't matter to me one single bit whether I'm the grandmother or not."

Maxie puts her hand on her stomach after her mom said that.

Felicia then says, "What are you waiting for? Dig in! Come on!"

Maxie then says, "No, I'm not really hungry. And neither is the baby. We can't stop thinking about Lulu."

Felicia says, "Mm. Well, I don't blame you for being scared, but she will come home, because your father is now on the case."

Maxie looks her mom and says, "Dad? I'm sorry. What does Dad know about this?"

Felicia then says, "Anna asked for Frisco's help. He got the WSB involved, and they found the Haunted Star by satellite."

Maxie gets happy and says, "They found the boat?"

Felicia then says, "Yeah, and Luke and Laura are on their way as we speak. Lulu will come home to help you with the baby that you're just keeping safe for her."

"Oh, wow. Sounds like dad really came through." Maxie says.

"Well, he's an expert at these situations." Felicia says.

Maxie then says, "That sounded almost... admiring."

Felicia looks shocked and says, "Contrary to popular belief, I do not bear your father ill will."

Maxie then says, "So you bear him the opposite?"

Felicia then says, "What are you getting at?"

"Well, I think it's about time one of us actually said it out loud, so it might as well be me. I know Dad wants you back." Maxie says.

Felicia then says, "Oh, please. I thought you were too preoccupied to notice."

Maxie then says, "Oh, no I didn't need to notice. Dad just out and told me. And it must have been deliberate, because he knows that I can't keep anything quiet. I mean, come on...it's only a matter of time before I spill this to the worst possible person in the situation, which would be Mac. Is that why Dad told me he wants you back...so that I will tell Mac?"

"Believe me...Mac is well aware." Felicia says as she starts to eat the food she brought for Maxie.

Maxie then says, "Dad made a move on you, and you told Mac about it?"