Chapter 12

The host of the red carpet begins his introduction by saying, "We've yet to see Ms. Coe arrive on the red carpet. Of course, everyone wants to know what she's wearing and is wondering if she'll revive her tradition of appearing onstage in nothing but her lingerie.

"Ladies and gentlemen, right now, we've got the arrival of some of Port Charles's brightest lights. We've got the beautiful Aztec Princess Felicia Jones, along with her daughter, fashion icon and selfless surrogate, Maxie Jones who seems to be walking down the carpet with dashing detective Nathan West."

They all stand and pose for pictures.

"And with them is Maxie's father, WSB agent and soulful singer, Frisco Jones. Don't they look like one big happy family? Ah, now we have the arrival of the princess's new boyfriend, bartender, and raconteur Mac Scorpio with...uh, I'm afraid I don't know who that is."

Felicia then says, "Mac! Come over here! Join us in the picture."

Mac walks up to them and they all pose for pictures.

"Ah, here's primo private eye Damian Spinelli with his date, genial GH lab tech Ellie Trout."

Nathan looks at Maxie and says, "Are you okay?"

Maxie looks at him and says, "I'm here with you! Nothing could possibly be wrong."

Spinelli walks down the carpet and says to Ellie, "Would you look at Maxie. I can't believe that she actually came here with him."

Ellie then says, "Sorry. What did you say?"

Spinelli says, "Oh, just that I can't believe Maxie actually came here with that Nathan West. I honestly don't know what she sees in the guy."

Ellie then says, "Damian, I thought we promised to table the Maxie and Nathan table talk I have been listening to you go on about them since he moved in with her. Let's just forget about it and enjoy our night."

They pose for pictures as Maxie and Nathan walk into the ballroom.

Maxie and Nathan are inside the ballroom laughing and having a good time when they hear Mac say, "What is this, Junior High? You must think Felicia's gonna choose me."

Frisco then says, "Be honest, Mac... Felicia and I belong together.

"You lost her the last time you left her, and you're gonna lose her now." Mac says.

Felicia looks at Anna and says, "I hate this. I don't know how I'm going to choose."

Anna then says, "You better hurry up. It looks like they're gonna kill each other."

Maxie looks at Nathan and says, "I am so sorry about this. They are probably going to act this way all night."

Nathan looks at Maxie and says, "Maxie it is fine I know that all families have their rough patches and it does not make me care about you any less."

Nathan grabs Maxie's hand as they head on over to Mac and Frisco.

Mac looks at Felicia and says, "You're here."

Felicia then says, "Sounds ominous."

"No, not ominous. We just need you to settle something for us, once and for all." Mac says.

Felicia then says, "You want me to decide right here, right now?"

Frisco looks at Felicia and says, "There's no time like the present. What's it gonna be? A nice, hot, juicy filet mignon... or a cold fish?"

Just then the announcer comes over the intercom and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please. Welcome to the 2013 Nurses' Ball, benefiting AMFAR, in honor of Dr. Robin Scorpio Drake.