Chapter 34

It has been a couple of days since Dante and Lulu finally learned the truth about the baby.

Maxie is standing outside of her baby's NICU room looking in on her baby girl.

Nathan comes up behind her and says, "How are you doing?"

Maxie looks up at him and says, "Not great. Make that terrible."

"I can relate. But you know the truth had to come out. Maxie imagine if we would have waited any longer to tell them the outcome would have been even worse. I know that you feel guilty for what happened but you are not to blame." Nathan says.

Maxie looks at him and says, "Nathan I am to blame I lied and schemed all throughout my pregnancy. If I would have just told Dante and Lulu the truth we could have gotten past it. Now my best friend and her baby are both in trouble and Dante won't even let me anywhere near them. If Lulu or her baby die I will never forgive myself."

(Flashback)

Lulu falls to the floor unconscious with a pool of blood underneath her.

Dante falls to the floor next to her and says, "Lulu, come on baby please open your eyes."

Maxie looks down at her and says, "Lulu, oh my god this can't be happening. I will never forgive myself if something happens to her or the baby."

Dante looks at her and says, "Oh is your guilty conscious eating at you now. It should have been talking to you all these months when you were lying and scheming."

Nathan runs out of the door and yells, "Hey!! We need some help in here!!"

Doctor Chu instantly enter the room and says, "What's going on in here?"

"It's Lulu we got into an argument with Maxie and Nathan here and then I guess she started to feel a pain because she started bleeding and then she grabbed her stomach and next thing I know she is unconscious." Dante says.

Doctor Chu starts to examine Lulu and says, "Around how long has she been out."

Nathan then says, "Not long about 3 minutes."

"Doctor Chu what's going on is Lulu losing the baby?" Maxie says.

"All I know is that we have to get this baby out of Lulu or they both could die." Doctor Chu says.

Doctor Chu calls for an operating room and team and then they remove Lulu out of the room to go and perform and emergency C-section.

(End of Flashback)

"Nathan it's just not fair we have our little girl in there all healthy and thriving and Lulu may lose her life and her baby due to our lie." Maxie says.

Nathan looks at her and says, "Hey, it is unfortunate what is happening to Lulu and her baby right now, but I am not going to apologize for our little girl being healthy. I'm going to go to the front desk and see if I can get an update on both Lulu and the baby. Maxie, why don't you go spend some time with our little girl? I know for a fact it will make you feel better."

Maxie smiles and says, "Okay, Nathan, I love you."

Nathan smiles at her and says, "I love you too. Now go."

Maxie enters the NICU room and she picks up her daughter and says, "Hey Georgie! Your daddy was right you have already put a smile on my face and I want you to know just how much we love you."

Maxie holds the baby and says, "I am glad that you are doing so well Georgie. I can't wait to get you out of here so that I can take you shopping and get you into some clothes suitable for a little fashionista like yourself."