Chapter 15

Nathan and Maxie get off of the elevator at General Hospital.

Maxie then says, "Nathan I just want to thank you for bringing me to my doctor's appointment."

Nathan looks at her and says, "Well we have to make sure that you and the baby are doing just fine. Especially since there has been a lot of extra activity going on I just want to make sure we haven't done anything to hurt the baby."

Maxie looks at Nathan and says, "Nathan we haven't hurt the baby trust me. We always make sure that we are extremely careful and gentle, so I know the baby is just fine. Nothing is going to prevent me from giving this baby to Dante and Lulu."

Nathan smiles at her and says, "I would love to come with you to your appointment, but I really have to get to work."

Maxie looks at Nathan and says, "It is fine, Nathan. This is just a standard checkup noting too major. I can handle going by myself."

"Well I want to hear all about it later." Nathan says.

"Okay. I will tell you everything later."

Nathan leans in and kisses Maxie.

Nathan then heads to the elevator and leaves.

Maxie begins walking to the nurses station when someone bumps into her.

Maxie looks to see that it is Ellie

Ellie then says, "Oh, God! Oh, Maxie, I'm so sorry."

Maxie rolls her eyes and says, "I'm sure you are."

"I just... I wasn't watching where I ... wait. You don't...you don't think I bumped into you on purpose?" Ellie says.

Maxie then says, "It's called stalking. And yes, I do. First you show up at the Metro Court lobby when I'm having a private farewell conversation with my father, and now you're lurking around me at the hospital. Do you still think I'm keeping a secret about this baby?"

Ellie says, "I'm not stalking you."

"Really? Because the last time you bumped into me was right before you accused me of lying about this baby." Maxie says.

"Maxie, I never accused you of anything. I just asked if you wanted to talk. I'm sorry, but I-I can't help what I overheard, and the conversation between you and your father at the Nurses' Ball was...well, it was very intense." Ellie says.

Maxie puts her hands on her stomach and says, "And I told you why. I was upset."

"Look, I understand that, but I also heard you say that if it wasn't for him, the truth about the baby would have come out." Ellie says.

"Well, have you ever heard of anything called "context"? You have no idea what you're talking about." Maxie says.

Ellie then says, "Actually, I think I do. Damian and I talked about it..."

Maxie says, "Wait. You told Spinelli about this?"

Ellie then says, "Yeah. And we finally figured out what your secret is."

Maxie gets nervous and says, "This can't be happening."

Ellie then says, "Maxie, everyone was there, including Damian."

Maxie looks at Ellie confused and says, "Where?"

"At the Nurses' Ball, when Dr. Westbourne announced her pregnancy on stage."

"Dr. Westbourne?" Maxie says.

"Yeah. Damian suggested that the secret I overheard you referring to was actually her secret, not yours." Ellie says.