Chapter 36

Maxie and Nathan are sitting in the living room with Mac and Felicia talking while they all look at baby Georgie.

Mac looks at Maxie and says, "Maxie, why didn't you tell us?"

Maxie takes a deep breath and says, "Mac I didn't tell you because I thought I was making the right decision, and I was afraid that you were gonna make me tell the truth."

"Maxie, I wish you hadn't had to go through this all alone. I mean, it must have killed you, keeping it bottled up all this time." Mac says.

"There was one person I told other than Nathan, but I made him promise not to say anything. Frisco." Maxie says.

Felicia then says, "Oh, that jackass!"

"Mom, please." Maxie says looking at Georgie.

Felicia then says, "How dare he! Even Frisco should have been able to see what a horrible, unwise decision he was letting you make."

"It's not his fault. I begged him not to say anything." Maxie says.

"Oh, I'm sure he loved that. After abandoning you most of your life, he drops in out of the sky, and he gets to feel important because he's keeping your little secret. That's not helping you, Maxie. That's enabling you." Felicia says.

Mac looks at Felicia and says, "Felicia, listen. Look, I agree with everything you're saying, but going over Frisco's many misgivings isn't doing Maxie any good."

Felicia then says, "Look at the situation he created."

"No, mom. No. I created this. I had a miscarriage. I lied. I decided to let Dante and Lulu fall in love with my child. Frisco just respected my choice. None of that even matters now because the truth is out." Maxie says.

"I never meant for Dante and Lulu to find out this way. Nathan and I had a plan to sit them down and gently tell them the truth. Now they're dealing with a lot of pain. I wanted to strangle Madeline for telling them the truth but I knew that it was time that the truth finally came out." Maxie says.

Mac then says, "I'm afraid it's gonna get worse before it gets better."

Maxie then says, "What do you mean?"

Mac looks at her and says, "Maxie, you and Nathan need to get ready to take care of Georgie. This little girl isn't just an idea anymore she is real and she is going to need both of you to take care of her. Now Maxie I know this is going to be hard for you to grasp but your life is ultimately going to change. Unlike Dante and Lulu, you two weren't planning to have a baby together it just happened which means that these first few weeks are going to be hard on you. Maxie, it's not just about you anymore you have a little girl who is now going to be the center of attention. Babies don't come with an instruction manual so it's going to take you both some time to figure everything out for this little one."

Felicia then says, "I am just so happy that you were able to bring your baby home with you. I know it may take some time but I know you two will figure out a system."

Maxie looks at her and says, "Will you two be there to help us?"

Mac looks at her and says, "Of course, sweetheart we will be here to answer any questions that you two have, but at the end of the day she's your baby, yours and Nathan's and you will have to find a way to figure this out."

Maxie then says, "Yes, but what am I supposed to do when Nathan goes back to work? I mean he's a cop his job doesn't exactly have set hours you know?"

Nathan looks at her and says, "Actually, Anna gave me a month off from work so that we can get used to the idea of being parents and so that I can be here to help you with little Georgie here."