Chapter 6

Maxie is in the elevator at General Hospital when her cellphone starts to ring. Maxie pulls out her phone to see that her dad Frisco Jones was calling her. Maxie ignores the call she had been doing her best to avoid the father that had abandoned her most of her life. Frisco had been in town for about a week now and Maxie was still trying to sort out her feelings about Frisco.

The elevator dings and Maxie gets off of the elevator.

Britt walks up for Maxie after she gets off of the elevator and says, "You finally decided to show up."

"It's not like you gave me a choice. What do you want?" Maxie says annoyed.

Britt looks at Maxie and says, "You're awfully snippy, considering I know whose baby you're carrying. And contrary to popular opinion, it isn't a baby-Falconeri-to-be."

Maxie grabs Britt's arm and walks with her while saying, "I get it. I screwed up, okay? But Dante and Lulu, they really want a baby, and they're gonna get one, as long as you keep your mouth shut."

"Well, the agreement was I'd keep quiet about you being pregnant with the wrong baby only if you help me destroy Sabrina Santiago."

Just as Britt says that Patrick walks up.

"Britt."

Britt puts on an innocent face and says, "Patrick, I didn't expect to see you here tonight."

"Filling in for Dennison. What's going on?" Patrick says.

Maxie then says, "Patrick, it's actually kind of a long story."

"Maxie is my patient. We were just discussing her case." Britt says.

Maxie then says, "Not that long of a story, I guess."

"So why are you talking about Sabrina?" Patrick asks.

Britt then says, "I was looking for a nurse to run some labs. Sabrina's supposed to be working tonight, although, as usual, she's nowhere to be found. No doubt, she's off on Nurses' Ball business."

"Right. Because we know how you feel about Sabrina. Actually, we know how you feel about Emma, as well." Patrick says.

"Emma? What -- what did Dr. Westbourne do to Emma?" Maxie asks Patrick concerned.

"Britt told Emma that -- you know what? I said I was gonna be professional, and I will. I'm not gonna talk about our personal life in front of patients, even though this is one of Emma's extended family members." Patrick says.

"Thank you, Dr. Drake." Britt says with a smile.

"Maxie, if you need another doctor for any reason, I'll be happy to give you a referral." Patrick says as he walks away angry.

"Thanks. I -- I can't believe that. I've never seen Patrick act like that before." Maxie says.

Britt then says, "Must be having a rough day."

"Please. You know, you've been making Sabrina out to be the bad guy in this situation, but I'm starting to think there's another side to this story. Okay, spill. Emma's the sweetest girl in the world, and if you did anything to hurt her..."

Britt interrupts Maxie and says, "I didn't do anything. I love Emma, and Emma loves me. But Sabrina used all those hours she spent babysitting to turn Emma against me, and then she moved on to Patrick and turned him against me, too."

"How did she do that?" Maxie asks.

"She made it seem like I didn't like Emma, which is completely ridiculous. I love kids. I help bring them into the world, for heaven's sake."