Chapter 10

If anyone is curious about Connie and Jace, they'll have to wait XD Right now it's more of a family trouble because of Jamie's mom and Emily's family! Enjoy this chapter! But it doesn't completely leave you hanging about Jace and Connie! XD

Sometimes I think people are ridiculous. Little things can break them and nothing can go right sometimes in their lives because their not trying hard enough to do anything about it. Mom was bored with Dad butshe could've said something. She's been cheating on him for quite a while now and their relationship broke with those words.

Now I'm seriously starting to doubt the reason why marriage is called "the thing that links love" because it seems to make people only more stressed out and irritated than when they were a couple. Trust issues, doubt, and they seem closer but too close for comfort. Really I always hated going to weddings because their stupid.

Dad kicked Mom out after that incident. As soon as she was sober, he kicked her out. It's been a week since I've seen my mom and right now I'm the cook in the morning so I have to get up early. Things really can change so easily that it's breakable.

Emily yawns and she sits down at the table all dressed up. I put some bacon on her plate and some eggs and then go clean the dishes before eating myself. "Mornin'," she yawns at me.

"Yep. It is."

She laughs a little at my joke and eats her food. After were done we wash our own dishes and take out Willow. She doesn't drag us but goes at a normal pace. It's gonna storm soon so she doesn't wanna go too fast or slow really. When that's done we get our bags and are surprised to see Jace with his car out front.

We get in and he takes off. "Been a while."

I nod. It's been around a week or so since I've seen him but after that incident, I was hoping I wouldn't. He's all relaxed in the front while were back here feeling odd. I told Emily about it and she's just as odd about it too. Tense almost. "What's wrong?" he asks us by how quiet we are. He pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking.

"Nothing. Just both of us are tired this morning."

"Weird that Emm's at your place."

"Both our families are having trouble and it's probably better for her to stay at my place for a while. My dad doesn't mind."

He snorts. "Ha! Family. Who needs them?"

"I need them til I can be on my own," I inform him proudly.

"Really? That's pathetic," he mutters under his breath.

"So where's Connie?"

"I don't know still. I've been looking for a while now and I'm not coming to school, just dropping you off while I go look for her."

A lie.

But I play along. I smile. "I hope you find her soon. She's my friend so I hope she'll be fine."

"Yeah . . . "

Something about the tone of his voice makes goosebumps rise up my arm and I look out the window until we get to the school. "Thanks for the ride," Emily and I both say quietly.

"Not anytime, but your welcome." We get out and he drives off onto the street with tired Moms and Dads.

Emily and I go to class quietly. Gale is gone today and Zack comes in tired as usual. "Hey."

"Hi."

"Hmm . . . "

"What?"

"Did you hear that from Cameron? That rule."