Chapter 16

I don't say the name of the town they live in because I don't want to :)

Today is the day of the dance.

Ugh.

I get up and yawn. I go just put on a skirt and a red t-shirt and go downstairs to say hi to Aunt Kathy whose making waffles. I help her by getting out the dishes. She thanks me for my help and I go to brush my hair and teeth. I go back in and Cindy's in the kitchen.

Cindy's very pretty. She's got sunshine blond hair and she's got bright blue eyes. Usually you'd expect a prep born out of that, but she's a loner. She's got her head phones in and she's ignoring everyone as usual. We can't do anything about that personality, either. She's very . . . cold to everybody except her boyfriend I hear.

I put food done in front of her and she doesn't even look at me. She just sits there not muttering a word. I silently grab some food and sit down to eat. Breakfast is nice because we have more people to talk to now and get along with. It's different and will be forever though. Without Mom it'll never be the same.

After breakfast I help Aunt Kathy wash the dishes then I go into my room to check my facebook. I post: End of the Year Dance! (Skool wants to b diff so they don't call it Prom!) XD

I answer things then consider getting on Cameron and I do. I have a message surprisingly. I open it and it's from Zack. Real smooth, C. Make ur girlfriend cry she's so confused. Y don't u try talking 2 her? It's obvious u don't

Wat do u know bout her?

I'm still pissed off at Zack for confusing me. He thinks it's his fault and Cameron's huh? Well, it's my fault, dummy! Stupid head! "Is that the guy you like?" Mark asks me and sits down in a chair. "Click on him."

I click and the picture is of him grinning. "Zack Rider."

"I don't judge by appearance, Jamie.  I don't know what he's like yet. I hope to get to know the guy you like."

"I never said I like him!"

Mark grins. "Olive told me a secret. That you and him were in my room doing something she wasn't allowed to hear."

"Hey!" I yell with my face turning beet red from embarrassment. "That is an exaggeration! I was only yelling at him and the rest is my business!" I get off facebook and run to my bed where I hide under the covers to cool myself down.

"Hey, I know your not that way, Jamie. Don't get so embarrassed and angry so easily! That's one of your problems."

I peak out of my blanket and stick out of my tongue. "Well he needs to be careful of what he says to me! I get pissed off easily and you that there is nothing I can do about my temper, Mark!"

He shrugs and walks to the door. Looks like he considers something, then grins. "Jamie, are you going alone to the Prom?"

"End of the Year Dance! And yes."

"Well, I want to meet him and see Gale, so can I take you?"

I grin and uncover myself with my pink face. "Yes! That would be so much fun!"

I run over and give Mark a high-five.

I put on my dress and converse, then I put on my dark makeup. I hurry up and put on my fish-net glove. I get my hair and curl it then put it in pigtails. I hurry to meet Mark downstairs and then Gale's car pulls up outside. (Evan had to take his girlfriend and left us behind.) Emily looks so pretty with her hair curled and all over. She's got on a long blue dress to her ankles and she's very beautiful tonight.