03 | bodyguard

Newt. Such a bloody idiot he is.

No matter in how many ways I tell him I like him, he just won't respond! He simply smiles and pokes me. Sometimes I wonder if he is as smart as he's supposed to be.

I shake my head and head towards his direction where he's standing besides Thomas and Gally. I make myself smile and half skip to them.

"Hey Krista!" Says Gally giving me a hug.

"Hey Gally!" I say. "Do you have something planned for tonight?"

At that Newt looks up from his phone and looks at me and at a frightened Gally.

"Uh, not really no, why?" He asks as he scratches his back.

"Well, me and the girls-"

"The girls and I!" Interrupts Newt. I glare at him.

"Me and the girls," I say as I turn to Gally, "are going out and we needed a bodyguard."

"I could be your-"

"Shut it Thomas!" I say. "So? Are you coming?"

I wait for Gally's respond. When he opens his mouth Newt says, "Can we talk?"

I look at him. "Oh! Newt! Hi! I didn't notice you there!"

Newt gives me his irritated look and grabs my hand, and starts pulling me to the back of the school, where no one goes.

"You're hurting me!" I say as he lets go off of my hand. (Although he want hurting me. Newt wasn't that type of person. But being petty costs me.)

"Sorry," he says in his cute British accent.

"Whatever." I say as I cross my hands.

"Alright. I've been meaning to tell you something but I wanted it to be special. I have noticed though, that it'll never be that way. So...here it goes." He breathes loudly and starts to play with his hands. "Right. Okay. Krista, I like you. I really, really like you. I don't know what I'll do without you. Every time I see you down the hall I get butterflies. I can't control myself to wonder out sometimes. To daydream about you." He grabs my hand them and pulls me closer to him. "Krista will you be my girlfriend?"

I smile at him and lick my lip. "I thought you'll never ask."

He smiles at me and leans in for a kiss.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you for reading thus far. It's been almost a year since I wrote this book. Thank you, and thank you for comment and voting. It really does mean a lot to me. And gosh, I forgot how obsessed I was with Thomas S.