Chapter Twenty-Two

Finding Life

Part 23 • Death

"So Destiny wasn't the first Supernatural?"

—Death, Master of the AfterLife

•••••••••••

God lathered the ugly green mixture onto my stitched up cut to prevent the stitches from coming undone. The mixture feels cold on my skin, but it's no colder than the temperature of this room.

"We need to talk," I say.

"I know," God says, "That's why I told Lily and Thanatos to leave us alone."

"A few days ago, when I was in the AfterLife, I found out that there's a Supernatural named War," I say, "Annabelle already knew me, God. Why didn't I know her?"

"She likes to be left alone," God says.

"That is not a good enough explanation! You've never told me about Annabelle and she's never came to a Convocation because she likes to be left alone?" I scream, frustrated.

"Annabelle was created before you and Løv and Destiny," he says.

"What?" I sigh, "So Destiny wasn't the first Supernatural?"

"That's right."

"You lied to all of us," I say. "Why? You're supposed to be our God! The humans look up to you and you just lied."

God seems taken back. "Our God. My God. Lucifer is the only one who ever told me that. To this day, my Angels have never uttered it."

"I'm not one of your Angels and I am especially not Lucifer," I say, "I want to know why you lied."

"And," I add, "I want to know why you lied about the Supernatural Auridan. He is Time."

God scrunches his eyebrows together. "I know nothing of anyone named Auridan."

"How come?" I question.

"Because there isn't a Supernatural named Auridan," God says, "I do, however, know about Annabelle."

I motion for him to continue.

"As you know, there have been many wars on Earth," God sighs. "Ultimately, they were all because of her. Annabelle made countries go against each other; she made people go against each other."

"Yes," I say.

"She had to stop. I didn't want there to be so many unnecessary deaths caused by war," God says, "So that's why Annabelle stays in her castle, alone."

"Fine. I get it," I say, "Is there anything else you need to tell me?"

"Actually, there is," God says. "Løv never told you this, but I talked to her yesterday and she says that I can tell you now."

"What is it?" I ask, prepared for the worst.

Suddenly, a creaking noise comes from the front of the room. Lily walks in with Thanatos behind her.

"Are you better?" Lily asks.

"Yes, I'm doing fine," I reply.

"Can we go home then?" she asks.

"You go ahead," I say, "God and I still need to talk."

"Sure," she says as she turns to look at Thanatos; they both disappear into the air.

"What has Løv been keeping from me?" I ask, my jaw clenched.

"When you both divorced, Løv was pregnant with your child," God says.