8. I Know It Seems Like It's Over But... Is It? Is It Really?

okay, i would like to say beforehand that this is a REALLY short chapter

sorry about that!

even though its short, it really does say alot.

so, enjoy anyway!

------

I listened to some other songs to consider singing in the show, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Vanessa crying before my audition. Why? It made no sense! Well, she hasn’t been here lately, I noticed. Did Drew dump her? No, impossible. I heard the door close. Drew’s home.

“Hey” he said.

“Hey”

“So?”

“So what?”

“Did you get it?”

“Oh, yeah, I did”

“Oh my god. I’m so happy for you! What are you going to sing?”

“I don’t know”

“Wow, you don’t seem that excited about it.”

I had to ask him. It was bugging me too much.

“Do you know why Vanessa was crying yesterday?”

“Oh, she was crying because James stopped seeing her”

What the hell? He KNEW?

“You knew about James?”

“Oh, yeah. She told me when they stopped.”

“And you’re okay with the fact that she, Vanessa, your girlfriend, was cheating on you? That’s crazy!”

Cheating? She was cheating? She told me that James was her therapist that she was seeing because she got arrested! He stopped taking her as her client! CHEATING?”

Hahaha. Oops.

“Umm yeah. At the movies, I saw her and him—you know.”

“I can’t believe it!” he yelled. 

“So are you gonna dump her?”

Please, please, please!!

“I might have to.”

YAY!!!!!!

He left and I danced around the room!! I was so happy! But I needed to see what it would look like...

I snuck out of the room to see Drew standing alone downstairs, probably trying to figure out what to say to the witch.

I then looked out the window to see Vanessa getting out of her car. Perfect timing!

I went back to the living room and waited. Suddenly I heard shouting. Yay! Wait. This is either really good or really bad. I looked downstairs again to hear a sharp “fine!” from Vanessa, as she grabbed her bags and stormed out the door. Did that just really happen? I thought. Are all my troubles gone? Could it be true? YIPPEE!! Drew came back in.

“Done” was all he said, but somehow I knew it wasn’t over.