18. New York Talent, Manhattan: Part 1

Aloha!

Haha, my plane just landed in Hawaii, so i'm in a very good mood! It's SO pretty here, and it's just AMAZING ;)

...and when i'm in a god mood, i LOOOVE to write :) so here's Part 1 the of of next chapter, enjoy!

-------------

I was in a very deep sleep, so relaxed that nothing could ever wake me up. Of course, my alarm clock found a way to at 7:30 AM. I sat up in my bed, and then out of nowhere, I started screaming frantically. Drew rushed to my room quickly to see what was going on.

"Naomi, what happened? Are you feeling okay?" he muttered, half asleep. I just started breathing heavily and yelling, "OH MY GOD, OH GOD"

"Shshsh," he tried to soothe me. "Honey, I think you're having a panic attack about the show. Just relax"

"...but it's going to be on T.V...." I said quieter, trying to calm down.

"Don't even worry about T.V. Don't worry about the people there, in the audience. When you're up there preforming, all that you have to focus on is how much you love what you're doing," he comforted. He knew exactly how to deal with me.

I let out one huge breath, looked at his glistening smile, and managed to say, "I love you, Drew"

His smile got even brighter as he said, "I love you too, Naomi"

I smiled back, and stepped out of the bed, taking Drew's hand and dragging him upstairs to the kitchen.

"Nay, what are you doing?" he asked with a laugh. I sat down on the breakfast bar stool and spun around for a while before answering his question.

"I would think my boyfriend would make me an extra-special breakfast for my big day," I suggested, trying to act all cutesy. He laughed at me.

"Sure. I'll make you something 'extra-extra-special'," he said as he looked through the fridge for the ingredients.

"Love you! I'm going to go pick out a dress for tonight!" I kissed him on the cheek and ran downstairs to look for a dress to wear for the contest.

In my closet there were all kinds of designer dresses. Drew's mother wsa a famous actress when she was younger, and since she had no girl of her own, she gave me all of her dresses that she had worn to award ceremonies.

Strapless leotard miniskirt and netted tights. Too Hooters. Ankle-length denim skirt with flowy white blouse and vest. Too hippy. Black knee-legth dress with black tights and black boots. Too goth. Blue ballgown with glass high heels. Too Cinderella. MUCH too Cinderella.

Strapless knee-length diamond studded gown with mathching diamond-studded boots. Too...Naomi? Okay, I'm DEFINATELY wearing this tonight! I thought. I even had a white guitar to match! Yes, that dress was perfect.

I excitedly ran upstairs to show Drew, but before I entered the room i noticed a voice in the kitchen other than Drew singing to himself while he makes breakfast, like he always does. The voice was Margaux's. She must've slipped in while I was trying on dresses. I decided to stop and listen to thier converstaion. Yes, I know that it was wrong to eavesdrop on my two best friends, but I needed to know what they're alway talking about.

"I think you should just come right out with it. For all I care, you could do it right now!" Margaux's voice said.

"Are you crazy? Of course not! I'm going to do it after all this stuff about the contest blows by. I don't want to worry her anyore than she already is," Drew replied.

"Okay, okay. But you better do it soon, because I'm getting tired of you waiting around all the time! If you don't do it soon, I might have to tell her," she said sternly.