36. An Oh-So-Perfect Honeymoon

I sipped my champagne on the plane. Drew's mother had surprised us with two first-class tickets to Venice! Venice, Italy, to clarify, not Venice Beach. 

A flight attendant walked over to us with a tray full of gormet desserts. she smiled warmly. 

"Mrs. Truett? Would you like one of our complimentary desserts?" she asked politely. I smiled back at her. 

"Of course. Drew, do you want one?" I looked over at him. He laughed. 

"Sure, why not?" The flight attendant giggled, handing us each different desserts. 

"You two are just the cutesy couple!" she squealed. Drew blushed, but I just smiled hugely. 

"Thanks! I think so, too!" I thanked. She smiled once again and walked over to another passenger. 

"We're the best couple since Mickey and Minnie," Drew laughed. I sighed happily. 

"Yes we are!" I agreed. 

Soon, the plane landed in Venice. Once we got all of our bags, we walked outside and to my surprise, a white limo pulled up right alongside us. A cheuffer smiled and opened the door for us politely. Inside was beautifully decorated in white wedding sashes and coolers filled with ice and wine bottles. 

"I can't believe your mother planned all of this for us!" I exclaimed. He laughed. 

"Are you kidding? You know she adores you. I bet she dreamed we would get married the moment she met you," he replied. I giggled at that. 

"I love you" 

"I love you more" 

I only smiled warmly and kissed him. Soon, we pulled up to the hotel. The cheuffer opened the door for us agin, and a bellboy rushed over. 

"May I take your bags for you, Miss?" he asked politely. 

"Of course, and it's 'Mrs'" I smirked at Drew. 

We were led to our suite. I gasped when I saw how amazing it was. There were two living rooms, each with three cushiony sofas. I saw the bed and it was huge, filled with about ten different pillows and comforters. I took a running start and jumped onto the bed, some pillows flying off. Drew laughed at me, so I threw a pillow at him. Then, he ran and jumped onto the bed too, crushing me under all the pillows. I squealed and laughed as he laughed at me again. 

I rolled off of the bed and walked over to a huge window in one of the living rooms. I saw the beautiful city. It looked like it was all dressed up for a special occasion. 

The hotel phone rang, startling me and ruining my tranquil mood. I answered it. 

"Mrs. Truett, are you getting settled in alright?" asked a lady with a small Italian accent. 

"Yes, thank you" 

"I wanted to inform you that you came in time for Carnivale, a very festive holiday here in Venice. There is much to do! You might join us for our ball tonight here in our Crystal Ballroom. There will be food, and dancing, and entertainment!" she said enthusiastically. I smiled.

"That sounds so much fun! Wel'll be there. What time does it start? What should we wear?"

"I'm glad you can make it. It starts tonight at eight thirty, and I believe Samantha Truett had us pick out some outfits for you. They are in your suite's closetspace" 

"Oh my god! Thank you!" I gasped. I looked over at Drew, who was rolling his eyes and smiling.

"What are we doing tonight?" he said in a sarastic tone. I giggled.