9. Hey, I'm Pretty Good At Playing Matchmaker!

hey again!

so this chapter is a little longer than the last one!

whew!

so i hope you like this one, cause thats all i have already written for now D:

------

As soon as I was sure Drew is gone, I picked up my phone to call Margaux.

“Hey girl,” she answered, as usual.

“Margaux! I have huge news! Huge! You need to get your butt over here!” I screamed at her. About forty seconds later, Margaux shows up at my door, as expected.

“What’s the big new– wait, where’s Vanessa?” I smiled and danced around.

“That’s it! She’s gone! Drew finally dumped the witch on her head!” She started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You said witch, but i know you meant to say it with a 'B' instead of a 'w'!" she said, clutching her sides in laughter.

"Well, by that logic she's a 'bhore', too!" I said, also laughing.

“Hahahaha and a wlut!" she wiped her tears of laughter from her eyes. "So are you ready for the party tonight?”

“Actually, I can’t go. Sorry” I said, knowing I actually could go.

“Why not?” Margaux asked worriedly. I glance over at my guitar and the forever-lasting sheet music around it.

“Because I have to practice! Yes, I need practice! Sorry!” She looked at me slyly, knowing something was up.

“Are you sure that’s the ONLY reason?” she asked, knowing I didn’t have to practice.

“Yes, Margaux. I need to practice” she smiled at me with an I-know-something-else-is-up smile.

“Girl. You know you can’t trick me” I laughed a really fake laugh.

“Oh my god! I have no clue what you’re talking about!” I yelled, knowing my plan was failing by the second.

“Naomi. I know that you ‘can’t go’ because now that Drew’s single, you want him! You don’t want to meet anybody else! That’s why you ‘can’t go’,” she yelled, trying to prove her point.

“Okay, fine! I don’t want to meet anyone else. What’s wrong with that?”

“It’s wrong because you’re his best friend. What if it didn’t work out between you two? Then you wouldn’t even have a place to live”

I thought about what Margaux had said.

“You know what? You’re right. Let’s go” I grabbed my purse. She smiled.

“I thought so,” she smirked and with that we were off to the party.

It was at her friend’s house. As we pull up, I notice that it’s one of those really cool modern houses!

We walked up to the door, which was already open. This lady about my age with big blue eyes and sandy blonde hair comes up to Margaux and I at the door.

“Hey, Margaux!” she said.

“Hi, Leslie! This is Naomi. Naomi, this is my friend Leslie”

“Nice to meet you! You have an amazing house,” I said, laughing at myself silently afterwards. She smiled.

“Nice to meet you too. Come on in!”

We walked in and I saw a bunch of people my age, but no one seemed to know anyone. Except for Margaux, that is. Everyone there somehow knew Margaux.