31. Yeah, Uhm, I Need You To Cancel All Flights To Manhattan...

“I just don’t know what I’m going to do,” Margaux sobbed into her hands.

“What are you worried about? The doctor said that the baby was Levi’s! He also

said that you caught it soon enough, so you have options!” I comforted.

“I don’t want to get an abortion! I could never live with myself if I did. I just have no idea how I’m gonna support the baby. After I got fired from the police station, I haven’t really had a stable job”

“Talk to Levi about this. He’ll know what to do. I promise, he will”

“Thanks, Nay,” she said, hugging me. I hugged her back, and wiped a tear from her cheek.

“Yeah, well I got some problems of my own right now”

“What’s wrong?”

“I want this wedding to go absolutely perfect. And Mrs. Truett is doing everything she can to make sure that it does. It’s just that... his brother’s flying in tomorrow so he can come to the wedding”

“No. Dylan? He’s coming here?”

“That’s what I just said,” I laughed slightly, “The thing is--”

“The thing is that he’s GORGEOUS!” Margaux swooned. I rolled my eyes at her.

“The thing is that Drew’s afraid that Dylan’s gonna steal me from him! And I think he’s right. He knows that Drew’s always liked me, and now that it’s all worked out he’s coming to mess it all up for Drew!”

“Don’t be crazy, Nay. You sound crazy! Dylan’s just coming to his brother’s wedding. That’s all. What’s wrong with that? I mean, why would he want to mess things up so bad, anyway?”

“It’s a long story,” I sighed.

“We have time. I want to know why this is such a big deal”

“Fine,” I sighed, “When Dylan was still living in Manhattan, he slept around a lot. I mean, a LOT. It seemed like every hour of the day he had a new girl. Then, he found one girl that he actually liked a lot. She was the first one that he didn’t just ditch after he slept with her. Soon, he was going to propose to her, so he took her to meet Drew first. He only did that because Google said that she should meet his family before he proposed. Soon enough, she ran off with Drew, leaving Dylan to move to Las Angeles so he could return to his old habits of waking up in bed with a different woman everyday”

“That girl, was she...” I nodded.

“Vanessa”

“Oh my god...so now that Drew ruined Dylan’s marriage, Dylan’s set out to ruin Drew’s”

“Basically”

“That’s terrible! Nay, you cant let him do that!” she yelled.

“Well, how do I stop it?!”

“You just have to stop him from coming!”

“Margaux, his plane leaves tonight from LAX! How the hell am I supposed to stop him from coming?!”

“You just have to! You’ve waited too long for this, just to have Dylan come and screw it all up!”

She was right. I couldn’t let him do this. I had to do something to stop it. Anything.

“Come on,” I said, rushing out to my car.

“Nay! What are you doing?!” she shouted after me, jumping into the passenger seat.

“Making things right,” I said, speeding to the airport.

I ran quickly up to the tickets desk, pushing everyone else aside. The lady there smiled at me with a smile that looked incredibly fake.