37. Wow, Way To Put It Out There, Bestie

"Ohmigawd, Nay. That honeymoon sounds so...magical! I'm so jelous!" Marguax whined. I laughed at her and smiled sweetly.

"It was amaizing. I'm so sad it had to end"

"It's not so bad back here in New York, though, right?" 

"Course not! I love it here! And now, I'm gonna start rehearsals for my concert soon," I said excitedly.

"Really?! So cool! I get front row seats, right?" she begged. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you kidding? You could sit on the freaking stage if they would let you!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at her. She laughed slightly.

"So, I've decided to do the right thing about this thing with Brandon..." she said slowly and quietly. I nodded in pride in my best friend.

"Good. I'm proud of you for coming clean with Levi"

"What? Levi? No, I'm telling Cass, not Levi," she corrected. I gasped and slapped her. "Ow! What was that? I'm doing the right thing, remember?"

"No, the right thing would be to tell Levi! I know that you're telling Cass because you don't care what she thinks of you. It wouldn't be as hard to face her  than it would be to face Levi," I reasoned. She crossed her arms.

"Fine. I'll tell them both. But I'm telling Cass first and Brandon has to come with me when I do"

"Thank God. I really don't want things with you and Levi to end. You've been through so much just to end it"

Then, as if on cue, Levi walked through the door. Margaux looked down at the floor immediately. I smiled at Levi.

"Hey. I think Margaux has something she wants to tell you," I started, shooting a look at Margaux. She glared back at me.

"Hey, babe. UHm yeah...I need to tell you something, but I'm not sure how well you're gonna take it..." she gulped nervously. He sat down next to her on the couch.

"What's wrong? Is it something with the baby?" His eyes were full of worry. She shook her head, still looking down at the floor. After a while, she stood up and looked at him with apology.

"No, Levi...Brandon and I are friends with benefits. It's been going on for two weeks, and it doesn't mean anythign at all. I don't even know why I did it and I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I just couldn't tell anyone. His girlfriend doesn't know either...I'm so sorry," she cried. He shook his head.

"How the hell can you keep doing this to me?" he replied sadly. She burst into little sobs.

"I...I--"

"Well, I just keep accepting it and forgiving you because I love you so much. With all we've been through, I can't just end it over one more little thing. It just shows how strong our relationship is, I guess. We can last through anything now. I love you, Margaux. I hope you know that"

"I love you, too"

She threw her arms around him, tears streaming down her cheeks. I felt kind of out of place just sittling there, but I was crying, too. I mean, that little scene made The Last Song look like Paranormal Activity!

•••

I went with Margaux to talk to Cass; she was terrified and I thought I should be there for her. I didn't know why Brandon couldn't just tell her himself. I hated him.

 I talked Margaux into going to Brandon's appartment first to tell him. Maybe he would even grow some balls and decide just to tell her himself. After my persuading, Margaux reluctantly knocked on his door. A girl with beach blonde hair opens with a worried look on her face. I sighed in releif that Brandon didn't answer the door. I didn't even want to be near that pig.