27. Well, I Better Get Some Serious Karma Points For This One!

Drew's mom was so excited that she wanted to take me out to plan the wedding. Throughout the week that his parents were staying with us, I was dragged to cake tastings, wedding pavillions, dress fittings. She always liked things above and beyond, so I figured that she wouldn't settle for just any simple wedding.

She wanted the wedding at The Central Park Boathouse, which I always wanted to have my wedding. It was so beautiful and very iconic. We went there to book a time for the wedding, but even before I went I knew it would be almost impossible. I assumed that they had people busting down thier doors in order to get thier wedding there. Plus, I knew that the price was not a problem because Samantha insisted that she pay for everything.

At The Boathouse, they told us that they were extremely busy, and our only options were for the next month or in October, two years from then. I thought that the next month was a little too soon for the wedding, but Samantha fell in love with the offer.

Then, we went looking for my dress. After twelve different stores, I finally found the perfect one. It was a lovely white dress with floral lace around it. It was nice and fitting with a long, flowing train. The veil matched the floral lace perfectly. It looked amazing on me. Samantha literally screamed as soon as she saw it. I was just glad that she didn't scream when she saw the price tag!

We went cake tasting, shoe shopping, looking for a bridesmaid dress, organizing the guest list, picking bridesmaids (obviously, Margaux was the maid of honor), and so much more. I couldn't believe how much work went into planning a wedding. Soon, I realized that I had it easy. Samantha said that she would take care of everything else, and that I wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

•••

I was driving to Margaux's house for lunch, and to get there, you had to cross a bride over a small lake. Usually, this was no problem for me. I wasn't afraid of bridges, there was ususally no traffic at all. Usually.

That time, the cars would not budge one inch! I'm not even exaggerating. I could've been sitting there for hours, if I hadn't done something.

At one point, I got out of my car and walked over to see if there was a bad car accident or something. I could see police cars and an ambulance, and I heard sirens going off. I quickly ran over to see what all of the commotion was about.

Once I got there, I saw Vanessa standing at the edge of the bridge, threatening to jump! There were news reporters with cameras, going live. She was yelling and cuzzing into the cameras. I heard Drew's name one or two times, but I definately heard her cursing James many times.

Then I heard something that I regretted hearing.

"Yeah, and that Naomi Duchess can go and kill herself, for all i care! She is the one to blame for this! She ruined my life! She kicked me out of my house, stole my boyfriends, made my friends all hate me, and she hated me! But worst of all, she hated me for doing things that she did herself! Cheating, taking advantage of Drew, being too 'loud'! Arew you watching this, Naomi? See if you can live with yourself knowing that you caused this!"

Shewas about to jump, but I just couldn't let her.

"STOP!"

Everyone looked down and stared at me. I went over to where Vanessa was sitting, on the edge of the bridge.

"Vanessa, sure, I hate you. Sure, I might've done those things. But why kill yourself because of me?! Do you know how spineless you're being? You couldn't take your life so you had to go and end it? Is that really how you want to be remembered?"

She looked down at the water, trying to think of a reply.

"No," she said quietly.

"Of course not. So get off of this damn bridge and don't make this mistake again because I might not be there to help you next time"

I stood up carefully, clinging on to the bridge's rail as to not slip and fall. Vanessa tried to do the same, but slipped accidentally and fell.

Panicing, she hung on tightly to the small ledge of the bridge where we were sitting. I screamed, too hysterical to know what to do.

"Naomi! Help me! Please!" she screamed. She started to cry. "Please! Please! I'm sorry I did all that to you. I'm sorry that I treated Drew the way that I did. I'm sorry that I hated you because you were just caring about Drew. I'm sorry for everything, I sware! I sware! Please, Naomi! Please help me. I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die"

I gasped. She really was sorry. Well, I guess when you're hanging from a bridge, econds away from certain death, you really realize your life.

Nervously, I put my hand out, using my other one to grip the bridge's railing. She took hold of it, and struggled up. I pulled and pulled, and soon she was up, safely on the ledge.

Everyone was thanking me, trying to interview me, but I just pushed them away and tried to get back to my car. I was not in the mood for another paparazzi ambush. However, one person did stop me.

Vanessa.

"You saved my life. I really am sorry, you know. I see now how terrible I was to you. I'm really sorry," she pleaded with a sorry look in her eyes. I could tell that she wasn't lying to me.

She gave me a hug, and I acctually hugged back. Something I never thought I would do.

"Truce?" I asked, putting my hand out. She smiled and shook my hand vigorously.

"Truce," she said.

-----------

WOOOOOW, right?!

Vanessa tried to jump off of a bridge! But who stopped her?

That's right, her arch enemy!

Naomi Duchess! :)

All is well in the world ;)

Or is it?!

Find out in the next chapters!!

XD luv ya!!

fan, vote, comment <3

P.S. She never did make it to Margaux's house for lunch :P