26. Meet The Parents

I got all dressed up to go on our double date with Margaux and Levi. I had on a little yellow dress with flowers all over it, and matching heels.

"Drew!" I yelled into our house.

"Huh?"

"You ready to go?!"

There was a pause, and I could practically see the expression on his face.

"Sure! I'm ready to go to the...."

"Movies, Drew. We're going on a double date with Margaux and Levi"

"Right! I knew that. Uhm... I'll  be ready in five minutes!"

"Come on, Drew! I got all dolled up!"

"Okay! Ready!" he yelled, running out from his room. He was completely dressed, his hair all perfect.

"How did you..." I started, but he just smiled and pulled me out the door.

We got to the movies and saw Margaux and Levi standing outside the theater, probably almost freezing to death.

"Come on! The movie's about to start!" she said, pulling me into the theater. Drew and Levi strolled in behind us.

"You guys go get the seats, Drew and I will get some soda or something," Margaux said. I gave her a confused look and pulled her aside.

"...What's going on? Why are you leaving me alone with Levi?"

"Because I need to talk to Drew for a minute"

"What? Why?!"

"I'll tell you later! Now, shoo!" She pushed me towards Levi, and we walked to the theater. A couple people stopped and stared at me as I walked past. I guessed I would have to get used to have everyone knowing who I was everywhere I went.

Sitting there in the movie theater was a little awkward. Especcially after what had happened with Levi...

"Hey..." I said, trying to start conversation.

"Hey"

"So...are things cool? You know, with us?" I asked, not really sure what to expect as an answer. He kind of laughed and sighed at the same time.

"Yeah, we're cool. Did you tell Drew?" I blushed.

"No...should I? I mean, we're engaged...I just think he'll get mad"

"Well, I think you should tell him. I mean, you can't keep it from him. If you don't tell him, then he'll find out from someone else eventually and he won't be happy"

"Okay, okay. But it's all in the past now. Let's just forget about it for now. I don't want to think about it when I'm trying to have a good time on this date"

•••

It finally came to Friday, and Drew seemed more nervous than I've ever seen him.

"Alright, calm down, honey. We just have to let them come, be friendly and polite, THEN we'll tell them. We don't just want to spring it on them all at once," I tried to calm him down as we were driving to the airport.

"Okay, okay..." he said, and I could tell he was trying to calm down. He just wasn't trying hard enough.

"Hon, if you grip that steering wheel any harder, it just might crumple to pieces. Relax, Drew"

He took a couple deep breaths and pulled up to the airport. I got out of the car and greeted his parents with hugs. Drew just took their luggage and threw it in the trunk without saying a word to them.