3. How Did I Get Stuck Living With This Lunatic Barbie?!

I dreaded those stupid little knocks on our door. Drew rushed to them, and before he opened it to my eternal enemy, he mouthed the word, “sorry” to me. I, still in slight shock, just rolled my eyes and he smiled. The doorbell rang five times, airhead Vanessa’s work, and Drew opened it to her. With almost twenty bags. Seriously? I walked past her making ridiculous faces at Drew, and said rudely, “Really? You're just moving in, not freaking remodeling it”

“Sorry,” she said, kind of surprised. She should've known that there’d be some trouble coming up ahead. You don’t live in my house for free without having to deal with me first.

Drew looked at me kind of disappointed. For a second I felt sort of bad. Drew was hardly ever mad at me.

“Where is Vanes— she going to stay, Drew?” I asked, as if I cared. I couln't even say her name. I only really asked to remember to stay away from that room as much as possible.

“In the guest room, is that okay?” he asked to Vanessa.

“Its MARVELOUS,” she sang in this way that kept the syllables flowing. It was so annoying! Drew lead her to her "MARVELOUS"—damn it, I just annoyed myself—room. I waited till she's upstairs, and then I went into Drew’s room. Wow, I forget the last time I was in here, I thought. Its so neat! For a guy, for a queen! So it shouldn't be hard to find anything, right? Wait. I shouldn't look through his stuff. If he found out, he'd never trust me again! But how would he find out? Impossible, right? Now just start with his desk...

Aha! His cell phone! This is perfect! Now I can look at all his texts with her and maybe even send her some texts to give her the wrong idea. It might even break them--

This isn't right. I shouldn't do this. It’s so wrong to do this to my best friend. But still...

I'll just check the time. I don't have a watch anyway. 8:52. The messages button is right there! It’s so painful just to look at the file that holds all the answers! Would it be that bad to click on it? Yes, I decided, finally. I heard drew coming. What do I do!? I panicked and threw his phone on his bed. I quickly smeared my mascara to make it look like I was crying, sat on his bed, and tried to look my saddest ever. He came in and frowned his sad little frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I must've been a pretty good actress!

"You know what's wrong," I said, trying to sound pouty.

"Look, you'll get used to her. She'll fit in with us," he said, smiling.

There was no point in arguing. She had already moved in!

"Promise?"

"I swear," he said, and even though I didnt believe it, I knew he meant it.

 •••

Okay. So, I was just being a Naomi, on my bed at 10 PM, listening and singing to some random music on a random playlist, when I heard a cackle of laughter from upstairs. Ugh, Vanessa. I ignored it, but then I heard another. Really? I went up to her room, and guess what I saw? She was painting her toenails, drinking a glass (by glass, I mean bottle) of wine, and screaming to someone on her phone! The person on the other line better have been in a club or something. Wow, Vanessa. I walked out (she didn’t even notice me) and stormed to Drew’s room.

"Did you hear that?"

"Okay, okay. Don't be mean. She's just talking to her friend."

"She freaking howled!" I screamed at him. "We have to live with that now!"

"Its really not as bad as you think"

I couldn't stand it. I stomped out of there and went up to Vanessa’s room.

"Okay Blondie, listen. Drew down there is in freaking 'pink fluffy unicorn land' and doesn't understand that you moving here is the worst idea in the entire history of bad ideas. So if I hear one more cackle out of you, that bottle of wine is going upside your head, got it?"

"You don't scare me," she said in a voice brattier than London Tipton’s. Damn. This might not be as easy as I thought. If she doesnt move out soon i might loose my mind.  I just referred to The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

I rolled my eyes, said, "Does it look like a give a crap?" and walked down to my room. A couple minutes later, Drew came in.

"Can I come in?" he said in that voice of his.

"Sure" I said.

"So about Vanessa--"

"Where is she?" I asked him.

"Oh, she put on a bunch of makeup, and flew out the door," he said casually.

"Its 10:30!" I said. "Don't u think that's a little crazy?"

"Kind of. But she does that a lot"

"That's makes no sense!" I lied, my voice trailing off as I thought that it acctually did make sense.

It made lot of sense... Maybe too much sense.