Chapter 2

Lunch came quicker than I had wished 'Lyric can you stay back please, the rest of you may go' everyone left the classroom and Miss Lovato came over to me 'can I see you stomach sweetie?' I shook my head, she sighed and turned around 'you trust me right?' I nodded, it took me a second to realise she couldn't see me 'y-yes' she turned around and smiled at me 'sweetie you don't have to be afraid of me, I promise I won't ever hurt you' I shifted a bit on my seat and stood up 'I uh, I guess' I walked over to her and lifted my shirt a tiny bit, she bent down to inspect my stomach 'these are some pretty bad bruises sweetheart, some look weeks old' I shoved my t-shirt back down and ran to the corner of the room, I brought my knees to my chest and rocked back and fourth tears cascading down my face, Miss Lovato slowly approached me 'sweetie whats wrong?' I whimpered and moved further back into the corner 'p-please, d-don't h-hurt m-me' Miss Lovato's face softened even more 'I promise I won't hurt you' I snapped out of my trance, horrified at what I had just done, I stood up and walked back to my desk 'sweetheart are you okay?' I nodded not looking at her, she lifted my chin and looked into my eyes 'no you aren't, you don't have to lie to me, I may only be your teacher but I care for you' I looked down again 'why' I whispered 'because I see in your eyes a broken little girl pleading for help, sweetheart, the breakdown you just had wasn't nothing and you don't have to pretend to be okay' I shook my head, nobody has ever cared for me like that so why would this women who I only met this morning 'let's go get lunch' just the thought of lunch made my stomach churn, I know that if I eat the food I'll get fatter and no one will like me, even Miss Lovato won't like me 'I'm not hungry, I'll just stay here' Miss Lovato gently grabbed my hand 'sweetheart are you truly not hungry?' No. 'Yes' she raised an eyebrow at me 'I don't have a lunch, or money' I admit under my breath, I didn't really care, it's not like I wanted lunch or food at all 'I'll buy you lunch sweetie, you should have just told me' I don't fucking want lunch, I'll get fatter, doesn't she get that 'no thanks Miss Lovato, I'm fine, I don't want to waste your money' she chuckled a bit 'don't worry about money, I have enough' I didn't argue back with her knowing that I wouldn't win, we walked to the cafeteria and she got me a salad 'Thank you Miss Lovato' I ate all of the salad and the bell rang 'Miss Lovato, I uh need to use the restroom' Miss Lovato nodded and I walked away into the bathroom unaware that she was following me, I got into the restroom and ran into a cubicle forgetting to lock the door, I fell to the floor and shoved my fingers down my throat, purging up everything in that salad, blood and bile started to come up but i continued to stick my fingers down my throat, I felt someone pull me back from the toilet and into their arms, I squirmed around trying to fight them off 'calm down Lyric' I knew that voice, she had caught me purging I'm fucked 'Lyric, sweetheart, we need to talk about this' she lead me out of the bathroom and into her classroom which was filled with students, 'you may all go outside and work on this project, please take your time to find EVERYTHING on that list' they all nodded and left her classroom 'Lyric, sweetheart why?' I shook my head 'you wouldn't understand' she sighed and gestured for me to sit down 'Lyric, I don't think you know who I am' I shook my head 'I am Demi Lovato, International Pop Star, I've taken a break so that I can teach because I've wanted to do that, sweetheart, when I was 18 I went to rehab for an eating disorder and self-harm, I understand sweetheart' I looked up at her with wide eyes, Miss Lovato was perfect, why would she do that to herself 'I'm sorry, I didn't know' she chuckled a little bit 'it's okay,  I'm guessing you don't really have much at the orphanage' I shook my head 'I've only ever heard about three songs, my roommate has shown me them, but I don't know what they're called or who they're by, I only know that whoever sings them has a very pretty voice' Miss Lovato giggled a little bit 'can you sing them for me?' I hesitated 'I uh can't sing, um sorry?' she shook her head 'did they tell you, you couldn't sing sweetheart?' I nodded keeping my head down 'well I haven't heard you sing, I'm sure your great' I shook my head 'please for me' she whined dragging out me, I swear she could be a kid, 'I uh okay, the space in between us starts to feel like we're worlds apart' I sang keeping my head down 'like I'm going crazy and you say it's raining in your heart, your telling me nobody's there to dry up the flood' I looked up at Miss Lovato with wide eyes she sang so much like the singer, she montioned for me to follow on 'oh but that's just crazy' she put her hand on my back and sang the next bit 'cause baby I told ya I'm here for good' she smiled at me 'your not bad Lyric, your actually really good' I shook my head 'yes you are' I looked up at her 'you sounded so much like the actual singer Miss Lovato' she chuckled 'you wanna know a secret' I nodded my head 'I am the singer' my mouth dropped and I shyly looked away 'hey why you getting all shy now?' I didn't look at her 'because it's your song and I just ruined it' she turned my head and looked me dead in the eyes 'you were amazing and in no way ruined the song' I shrugged still looking in her eyes 'don't listen to what they say Lyric, I know that it's hard, when I was your age I had my own bullies and I let them get to me and landed myself in rehab, your beautiful and talented, your way underweight and I already know why, but if you ever need to talk I'm right here, and I will be watching over you at lunch, you need to eat sweetheart' I shook my head as a tear rolled down my cheek 'Lyr, I know it's hard but I'll be here every step of the way, you need me, come to me okay?' I nodded and she hugged me 'now let's go get some food in your system' I didn't bother arguing I knew I wouldn't win, so I just waited for her to come back.