Chapter 15

Lyric

Maddie is really nice, I sat with her and mom in the car on the way to mom's moms house. 'Maddie? If your Demi's sister than what do I call you?' I asked quietly 'you can call me Maddie or Aunt MadMad, or The greatest aunt to have ever lived, wait you have to say that in front of Dallas, please?' Maddie added puppy dog eyes, 'okay, but who is Dallas?' Maddie chuckled 'your other aunt, you'll meet her soon' I looked down 'Maddie?' I said quietly 'yeah beautiful?' She replied back 'will Dallas and your Mom and Dad like me?' I asked quietly 'of course they will cutie, and if they don't then I certainly do and I know stubborn old Demi won't take you back to where you came from' I laughed, whilst Mom death glared Maddie 'momma? How long left?' I asked 'we are actually here now babygirl' she said taking my hand, Maddie took my other hand looking quite surprised, I saw mom death glare her again and her face turned back into a smile. I got out of the car and walked with Maddie, as mom was bounding up the walkway and so was Marissa and Wilmer. Mom flung the door open and ran inside screaming 'love me' Marissa shook her head laughing, Maddie doing the same, as we walked inside I hid behind Maddie shaking, Wilmer seemed to notice and walked over bending down to my level 'you okay princesa' I shook my head and wrapped my arms around him, I wouldn't normally do that but I'm scared of Demi's family right now and Wilmer is the only person who seems to care. He lifted me off the ground and I held onto him tightly, still shaking 'it's okay princesa calm down, I've got you no one can hurt you' he walked back out the front door and sat on the step, with me in his lap 'what's up princesa?' He asked concerned 'I'm scared, of Momma's family, I'm scared of what they're going to think, they'll probably think I'm fat because I am! I don't want them to' I started to sob, he rubbed my back 'you aren't fat sweetheart, I can feel every vertebrae in your spine right now and I'm only rubbing my hand up and down your back, I wish you could see how beautiful you are. Demi's family aren't going to judge you princesa, Maddie loves you already and I'm pretty sure everyone else will' I looked down 'but everyone hates me' I sobbed harder 'I don't princesa, Marissa doesn't, Maddie doesn't and I certainly know that Demi doesn't, why do you think that everyone hates you?' I pointed to my covered arms, indicating where the bruises were 'those kids are terrible for what they did to you sweetheart but it's not that everyone doesn't like you' I sighed and hung my head 'I'll hold your hand and we'll go back in okay?' I nodded and he grabbed my hand, smiling down at me. We walked through the door and Mom started to smile 'guys this is my daughter Lyric' I waved and looked to Wilmer who gave me a reassuring smile 'she is so cute! How old is she? She's so little' A girl who looked slightly older than Mom asked 'I'm eleven' her jaw dropped but mom glared at her and she closed her mouth. She walked over to me 'hi sweetheart I'm Dallas, Demi's older sister' I waved and backed into Wilmer more 'she's a little shy sorry Dal' mom said from behind 'it's okay' so that was Dallas, the one that Maddie was telling me about. A shorter lady walked towards me 'hi beautiful, I'm Demi's mom Dianna' I smiled and waved a little she smiled back then turned to Demi and walked over to her. A bigger guy started to walk towards me and I hid behind Wilmer 'princesa he's not going to hurt you, that's Eddie Demi's stepdad and he's like a big cuddly teddy bear' I shook my head, my body shaking again, Demi ran over when she noticed that Wilmer wasn't calming me down 'baby! Babygirl calm down, momma's got you' I buried my head in her shoulder and let tears fall 'baby, it's okay I promise you Eddie isn't going to hurt you, he won't do any of the things those men did to you' I just clung to her shoulder, she sighed and kissed my forehead 'I love you baby' I hugged her tighter 'I love you more momma'. 'Were going to have dinner in a couple of minutes babygirl, want to come sit and wait with me?' I looked down 'do I have to momma?' She nodded sadly 'babygirl it's not healthy what you are doing to yourself' I looked down 'but I need to momma, if I go back to school fat then I'll get beat up again' she sighed 'baby, no one is going to hurt you whilst I'm around, I promise I'll protect you from those horrible children' I shook my head 'I can't get fat momma please' I lead her to the bathroom 'baby, it kills me to see you this sick, I really need you to eat' she started to cry, I wrapped my arms around her 'please momma don't cry, I don't like it when you cry' I wiped her eyes but more tears fell 'please eat babygirl' I shook my head and she sobbed harder, backing away from my embrace and curling into a ball with her hands over her ears, I was so scared as I watched her dig her nails into her scalp. I leapt foward and tried to remove her hands but nothing was working, so I scremaed as loud as I could 'WILMER!' within seconds he was in the room and had mom in a tight embrace 'I can't do it baby, I'm a failure' she sobbed into his chest 'shh hermosa no you aren't why would you think that?' she looked down 'they told me so' he kissed her forehead 'babe you know you are stronger than them, so tell them' she nodded and took a deep breath 'where's my baby?' she asked, Wilmer pointed to me and she ran over and hugged me 'I'm so sorry baby' I kissed her cheek 'it's okay momma, I'll eat for you, just please don't cry' she picked me up 'I love you baby' I smiled 'I love you too'