Chapter 10

The doorbell rang and I walked down to get it, Lyric trailing closely behind dragging her blanket with her, she looked pretty damn adorable. When I opened the door, Marissa was standing there with a bunch of boxes in her hands 'I only brought the necessary stuff' she walked in and went up the stairs, returning with empty hands 'who's ready to go shopping?' I looked at Lyric then remembered that I had washed the other outfit she had, I went up and grabbed it, then grabbed the cream and ran back downstairs, 'baby do you want me to do your cream again' she nodded and walked into the bathroom with me following closely behind 'c-can you do it before I get changed' I nodded and applied the cream, every time she winced a little piece of my heart broke, no eleven year old should ever have to bare so much pain, let alone the way that she did, a few tears rolled down her cheeks and she was biting her lip, 'it hurts' she whimpered, 'I know baby, just a couple more seconds and I'll be done' I quickly made sure it was applied in all the spots it needed to be, then gave her the clothes 'do you want me to leave baby?' She slowly nodded 'yes please Demi' I left the room and walked out back to Marissa 'she is adorable, this morning with the blanket, just major awww feels' I giggled at her, soon after Lyric walked out in the clothes I had left her 'baby, we've got to have breakfast and then we'll go' she tensed up at the mention of breakfast 'baby come on, it's all okay, you're so skinny' I made up three fruit salads and placed them down. Marissa and I finished our fruit salads and Lyric hadn't touched hers, I pulled her into my lap and started to feed her the fruit. It took an hour but I had gotten her too eat all of it, and I was now carrying her to the car 'MAR CAN YOU GRAB MY PHONE AND PURSE AND THE KEYS' I yelled, she replied with a faint yes. I buckled Lyric in and Marissa got into the car, saying a quick prayer about my driving 'hey, I'm not that bad' I said smacking her arm 'yeah, because you didn't almost run over Paul McCartney' I saw Lyrics eyes go wide 'you almost ran over someone?' She asked in disbelief 'yes, she did' I glared at Marissa 'stop it you're going to scare the shit out of her' she just giggled, whilst Lyric still looked at me in disbelief.

'Thank fucking god we made it here safely' I rolled my eyes and went to the backseat 'babygirl I'm going to carry you, because I can already see the paparazzi and I don't want to lose you' she nodded, I picked her up 'hide your face in my neck babygirl' she nodded and hid her face.

'Demi, when are you releasing your next album'

'Demi who is that?'

'Demi, over here'

'Demi why were they taking pictures?' Lyric asked as we got inside 'because baby, I'm famous, and they never leave famous people alone' she nodded and I put her down, holding her hand 'Demi, will they hurt you?' I shook my head, she held out her other hand for Marissa to hold, a huge smile spread across Marissas face as she took her hand 'where are we going to go?' Lyric asked 'Where do you want to go sweetheart?' she shrugged 'I don't know what stores there are' I looked around 'we should go to GAP, they'll have kids clothes' Marissa suggested, I nodded and we walked to the store.

We walked over to the clothes section 'baby, go find things you like, and pick them up' she looked around hesitantly, before walking right over near the dresses 'oh my god, she wanted me to hold her hand' Marissa gushed to me, I smiled watching Lyric look at dresses 'I think she almost trusts you Mar' we started to look at clothes 'what size do you think?' Marissa asked looking at a cute one piece 'try a small' she got the small of the rack and placed it in her arms, also grabbing a bikini in a small.

After looking for a while we went and found Lyric, 'hey baby, what did you find?' she showed us some dresses 'is that all you want?' she nodded, I raised my eyebrow at her 'I dont want to spend your money' she admitted in a low whisper 'hey I have plenty, and you're my daughter now, so I'm going to spoil you' I got her to show me what else she liked 'baby, you've got to try these on' she nodded and took the clothes from Marissa and I, 'show us what they look like baby' I said 'o-okay' she stammered, she came out in the one-piece Marissa had picked for her, her arms behind her back, it was a little big but not too big I looked over to Marissa who was smiling widely 'you look beautiful Lyric' I nodded in agreement, she went back into the changing room.

We had  gotten through about half of the items we had picked, the ones Marissa and I picked for her, she came out in a short sleeve dress, I heard a gasp and looked over to Marissa who had tears in her eyes, Lyric went back into the change room 'what's wrong Mar?' she looked over to the curtain and leaned in to my ear 'her wrist' Marissa wiped her tears away, and Lyric walked back out, I looked to Marissa who mouthed 'left' then looked to Lyric's left wrist, I felt tears gliding down my face, Lyric ran over and hugged me 'what's wrong Demi?' I kissed her forehead 'babygirl, I saw them' I said softly taking her left wrist in my hands, I ran my fingers over the cuts and scars on her wrists, some of them very fresh looking, I kissed them and wiped away her tears, Marissa was crying too 'babygirl, go give Mar a hug' she hesitantly nodded and went over to Marissa wrapping her arms  around her, taking her by shock 'don't cry Mar' she said wiping away her tears.