Chapter 6

Lyric

I awoke to something on my bed 'you were out late, you are coming with us' a strong male voice said, it sounded like Jake, one of the workers here. The two men lead me outside before throwing me onto the ground and ripping off my clothes 'make one sound and I swear you'll regret it' he threatened as I felt something cold touch my neck, it kind of felt like the blade of a knife, I gulped and nodded 'good' it was dark out and I could barely see anything, all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain down in my area, but I remembered not to make a sound. I laid there as I felt something go in and out inside me, it hurt a lot! But I couldn't make a sound. The pumping in and out stopped but the pain didn't 'you also won't be going to school for the next two weeks' he said and put my clothes on 'you tell anyone and you die' I nodded and he walked back to the building. I stayed in the same position for a while before walking back into my bedroom, I went to the connecting bathroom that was shared with another bedroom and grabbed my blades, making sure to lock both doors that led to the bathroom. As I stared at the shiny piece of metal in my hand I thought about how much power it had over my life, it would call to me, it was always there for me, and it will never leave me, the truth is the blade is my security blanket and without I don't know what I would do, I'd probably be dead by now. I put the blade to my wrist and lightly traced my arm with it, not leaving a mark, before dragging it across horizontally, watching the blood trickle down my hands and drip off of my fingers, I repeated the action a few more times before sitting mesmerized by the red liquid reminding me that I'm still alive. I don't know how I feel about a week with no school, if you had of asked me a couple of days ago I would have been super happy! But then I met Miss Lo- I mean Demi, and now I actually like school because I finally feel like someone could possibly love me, I know I shouldn't get too attached because Demi is my teacher and sooner or later she'll leave, but she acts as if she cares, I mean she took me to her house today and snuggled with me! I wish she could be my mom, but I'm kind of scared of her boyfriend, I know I haven't met him, it's just every boy I've met has tried to hurt me or hurt me and I'm afraid he'll be the same. I'm certainly going to miss Demi this next two weeks, I think it's a stupid punishment! Most kids would love to miss school! I mean I guess I get away from Willow but I have to put up with Bailey, she doesn't go to school because she's "recovering" from her parents death, if by recovering you mean harming innocent eleven year olds and then fake crying and blaming it on them then yeah she's recovering.

I cleaned up and walked back to my bed, laying there staring at the ceiling remembering how I had fallen asleep to Demi's singing, her voice was like an angel. Demi is my angel! I would have been stuck at school if it weren't for her, I would be getting beat up in front of the class and nobody would do anything! But Demi is different she stands up for me, tells me I'm beautiful and worthy, I wish I could believe her.

I woke up at 10am it felt good to sleep in, as I walked downstairs Bailey was at the bottom smirking 'fatass! Did they suspend you for crushing everyone?' I tried to ignore her comment but it stung 'you better not be going down for breakfast, you don't need it, and could afford to skip I don't know maybe every meal for the rest of your life!' She yelled 'kill yourself fatty' she said to me, Laura walked around the corner and Bailey started to fake cry 'Laura, she told me I'm fat and that my parents deserved to die, because they had someone like me' she cried clinging onto Laura, I rolled my eyes trying to stop the tears from falling 'Lyric in your bedroom now' she spat glaring at me, whilst soothing a "crying" Bailey. I ran up to my bedroom and collapsed on the bed crying. A few minutes later Laura walked in, with Kale behind her 'you need to be punished, Kale you may do whatever you please to her' she smirked evilly whilst sitting on a chair in the corner. He started to undress me the same way Jake had done last night, I still had pain down there, it hurt to walk and sit, I really hope he doesn't do the same 'we're going to play a big girl game' he said taking off his boxing revealing himself, Laura laughed loudly 'the kids facial expression' she laughed pointing to me, Kale put something on himself and then slipped into me, I cried out in pain, he slapped me 'shut up bitch, or it'll hurt a lot more' he pumped in and out, worsening the pain for me. That's how my next two weeks continued, big girl games, being falsely accused of bullying Bailey, being punished in many different ways, cutting, restricting and whispering the same five words over and over again, only eating about four times over the two weeks praying for her to come and save me 'I need help, miss Lovato' I would whimper every night, I get to see her tomorrow, and I have to act natural like I'm not in pain and nothing is hurting when in truth my whole body aches every time I move, every step is agony, and it burns down there, not to mention the many bruises scattered all around my body from Laura, Kale and Jake, Margret however never hit any one of us and that's why she's my favorite, but Laura hates me, and Kale and Jake always play big girl games with me.