Chapter 9

Demi

I watched as Lyric hugged Marissa, Marissa glanced at me worriedly, I nodded confirming what she was thinking, her face fell and she hugged Lyric tighter. Lyric pulled away and ran back to me jumping on the couch and hiding her face in my side 'what are you doing babygirl?' she mumbled something 'I can't hear you babygirl, what did you say?' she removed her face from my side 'I'm tired Demi' a tear rolled down her cheek 'baby, what's wrong' I wiped it away 'It h-hurts D-Demi, and I'm t-tired' I picked her up and carried her up to the bathroom 'have a shower baby, do you want me to stay' she thought for a moment, then shook her head. She came out of the bathroom wearing the same clothes she had on before 'baby, don't you have any pyjamas?' she shamefully shook her head 'hey it's okay, I'll go find you something from my cupboard, did you put your cream on for the tear?' she shook her head again 'I don't know how Demi, I'm s-sorry' she started sobbing, I ran over to her and pulled her into a hug 'it's okay babygirl' she clung onto me 'c-can you do it?' she asked hesitantly 'do you feel comfortable with me doing it?' she nodded, so I picked up the cream and started to apply it. 'Thank you Demi' I kissed her forehead 'I'll be right back with some clothes baby' she nodded and pulled her underwear up. I walked back into the room and gave her a t-shirt 'that should be big on you baby' she nodded and walked into the bathroom. Twenty minutes later she returned, still wearing her white long sleeve turtle neck with the Texas t-shirt over the top 'baby, you can take that off' she shook her head and climbed under the covers 'night babygirl, I love you' I kissed her forehead and turned off the light and closed the door returning to Marissa. I sat on the couch next to Marissa leaning my head on her shoulder 'she's beautiful Dem' I sighed 'she's so skinny, it's scary' Marissa nodded "how long have you known?" She asked "since the day I met her, I caught her purging and my heart broke, she's sat in my office every lunch since then and I've tried to get her to eat but she can only take a few bites before bursting into tears, it kills me to see her like that Mar, I felt a connection ever since I saw her fall down the stairs, and I'm scared what if I'm not a good mom, I'm going back to music soon, my teaching placement was only for six months, what will happen when I'm not at school with her anymore' I hadn't realized that I was crying until Mar wiped the tears 'calm down Dem, that little girl has the best mom anyone could ask for, you've been through what she has been through so you can help her, think about music when you go back, right now you need to focus on her recovery' I hugged her tighter 'move in with us!' I exclaimed excitedly 'really? Demi have you thought this through?' I nodded, 'you can come live with us, your lonely and I miss having my best friend around all the time, we have enough rooms' she thought for a bit 'okay! But I swear if you and Wilmer fuck too loud, I'll record the noise and put it on Twitter' I giggled while she looked at me faking serious 'I'm serious Demetria' we laughed for a little bit until it was interrupted by a loud screaming, it sounded like someone was being murdered 'Lyric!' I jumped off the couch and ran into the room, she was rolling around on the bed screaming and crying, sweat dripping down her forehead, I walked up to the bed 'Lyric, baby wake up' I said as I shook her, nothing, 'baby wake up it's just a dream' still nothing 'LYRIC' she shot up and looked fearfully into my eyes, she lunged herself forward and clung to me 'it was just a dream babygirl, you're okay, I'm right here' I rubbed my hand up and down her back and carried her out to the couch, I laid her across my lap and put her head on my chest 'it's okay babygirl go to sleep' she whimpered 'don't leave me please Demi' I kissed her forehead 'I'm right here baby, I'll never leave you' she closed her eyes 'can you sing for me?' I started to sing softly to her. After five minutes she was out 'see Dem, you did amazing, I wouldn't have known what to do' I nodded 'thank you Mar, it means alot' she carefully hugged me trying not to bump Lyric 'I'm going to go home and pack up, I'll see you in the morning Dem, then we'll go shopping because I know that's your Texas tshirt' I nodded and she left. I carefully stood up and locked the doors, still carrying Lyric in my arms as she slept peacefully. I placed her in my bed and laid down next to her, she immediately snuggled up to me I pulled the covers up and kissed her forehead.

I woke up with Lyric half on top of me, her hair long blonde hair covering half her face I chuckled and grabbed my phone taking a photo,

@ddlovato: morning snuggles

my mentions blew up instantly, most of them asking about who it was and whether I had dumped Wimer, WILMER!, shit I haven't told him yet oops? I'll call him when she wakes up, she started to move around 'Demi? I'm sorry I must be crushing you' she tried to roll off but I held her tight 'you weigh nothing babygirl, now stay I wanna snuggle' she giggled 'whaaaaat?!' she giggled again 'I just like the way you say snuggle thats all' she shrugged, I kissed her forehead 'hey baby, I've got to call someone, I'll come back and snuggle soon' she nodded and rolled off of me, I walked out of the room and called Wilmer 'Hola Hermosa' I smiled 'hey babe, look I've got something to tell you and you have to let me explain before you react and you can't get mad, my decision is final' he sighed 'okay, please don't tell me your breaking up with me' I chuckled 'nope, you know how I told you about Lyric' I said growing increasingly nervous 'yeah, I do, is she okay?' he asked genuinely worried 'she was raped, by her caretakers Wilmer, she told me in class yesterday and I didn't know what to do, so I did the first thing I thought of, I took her out of the orphanage and adopted her, you know I wanted to but I was just scared and I'm scare-' he cut me off by shushing me 'thats amazing hermosa, I cannot wait to meet her, I love you so much' I breathed a sigh of relief 'babe come shopping with us, I'll call you when Marissa comes over here, and I invited her to stay like you told me too, I love you babe' I smiled 'I love you too hermosa'