Chapter 7

I was still staring at my phone in shock that he actually texted me.

NAYA: What's wrong?

GABRIELLE: 'He' just texted me wanting to know when we can hangout...

LEXIS: TELL HIM AFTER SCHOOL!!!!

GABRIELLE: What if its awkward?

NAYA: I doubt it ;)

I quickly replied to Chris asking to meet up after school tomorrow. He instantly texted back agreeing to meet at the park and he would pick me up.

~The Next Day~

After school I had changed into a turquoise blouse, light washed jeans, and silver flats. I walked up to the front of the school where Chris was waiting for me. He was wearing a maroon v-neck, dark jeans and white converse.

He smirked when he noticed me checking him out as I got in his car.

"Like what ya' see?" He chuckled as I looked away

"I don't see much." I smirked at him

"Feisty, I like it!" I couldn't help but laugh when he said that.

We kept laughing like fools and making jokes and before we knew it, we had arrived at the park.

I immediately went to the ice cream stand and asked Chris if he wanted anything.

"I'll take a chocolate ice cream please." He casually asked the man.

I got out my wallet to pay until Chris stopped me.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it." He smiled.

"Oh, are you sure?"

"Anything for a pretty girl." He chuckled and I smiled up and thanked him.

We walked back as we ate our ice cream to the swings. We both got on the two swings that were next to each other and competed to see who could swing the highest.

"I'm gonna' kick your butt at this! You better be prepared Chris!" I yelled as I was swinging back and forth.

"Sure you are! How about we have a bet then?" He yelled back.

"Okay, name it!"

"If I win, I get to take you out tomorrow night after I get out of football practice." He smirked as he was swinging back.

"Hmm, okay and if I win you have to run around the park like an idiot screaming I am a pretty pretty princess!"

We agreed and then both jumped off the swings at the same time. Of course being the clumsy girl that I am, instead of landing, I lost my balance and fell directly on my butt.

Chris couldn't stop laughing and he had landed perfectly a couple of feet ahead of me.

I mentally cursed myself for realizing I lost.

He helped me up and we started walking to his car.

Once we had reached my house, I got out thanking him for ride and shut the door.

He rolled down the window with a huge smirk on his face.

"I'll see you tomorrow at seven gorgeous." He winked at me and drove off.

I just smiled and walked inside thinking about this boy who has been my enemy for so many years and how all of a sudden we were starting to hangout now like nothing had ever happened.