Chapter 30

~Chris's POV~

I sat on my chair my room with my palms covering my face.

I took a deep breath and thought about what had just happened.

I have never felt so stupid before today. I can't believe I thought she felt the same about me too. Man was I wrong.

She's dating that bastard Sebastian.

I guess she never really thought of me like that then, no matter how much I wanted to believe that she did.

I played the whole scene with Gabby and me telling her that I think I love her in my head.

Do I really love her?

She's a pain in the ass sometimes, She laughs like a little girl. She keeps me in check, she makes me laugh all the time.

But most importantly, Gabby is still the same girl she was when we were kids. Yeah, she looks a hell of a lot better now but I liked her even then.

I just didn't know to tell her.

I guess you could say i'm the type of person to bottle up all of his emotions and keep everything to themselves.

I groaned at all the sappy thoughts going through my mind and ran my hand through my dark locks.

She was the bastard's girlfriend now and I just had to accept it. I was too late and I can't change that.

~Next day at football practice~

I quietly changed into my football gear and started for the field.

David and my other friend, Sam caught up to me.

"Hey man! Why the sad face?" Sam shoulder nudged me.

"Is it Gabby?" David asked while he walked on the other side of me.

"Yeah, I told her how I felt and in the end she told me she's dating someone already." I sighed.

"Aw, i'm sorry bro." David patted my back.

"Pah! It's just one girl! You can find another hot brunette like her anyways. Why limit yourself?" Sam smiled as he looked up at the girls in the bleachers.

"Your right!" I chuckled and pretended that I didn't care.

"Speaking of options...i'm throwing a party after the game tomorrow. I'm going all out my brothers! Chris you can start finding yourself a hottie at my party." David flashed an cocky grin.

"Oh hell yeah!" Sam cheered.

"What do ya say Chris?" David gestured.

I glanced over at the edge of the field where Gabby was giggling with Sebastian. He picked her up and kissed her and she kept smiling.

It honestly bothered the hell out of me.

I gritted my teeth and looked away back to David and Sam. I needed to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think about Gabby.

And if that meant partying and other stuff. Then so be it.

"Count me in." I smirked at my friends.

~Sebastian's POV~

As soon as I saw Gabrielle at the field with the sports med. team, I jogged towards her.

"Hey cutie!" I ran up behind her and gave her kiss on the cheek.

"Hey!" She giggled and pulled me into a hug and kiss.

"So I was thinking you should go to my game tomorrow." I smiled.

"Oh really now?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, yours truly will be there." I pecked her on the lips and she smiled.

She kelt looking behind me when we were talking. It didn't seem like she was paying much attention either.

"What do you keep looking at?" I asked confused.

"Oh, sorry nothing." She began messing with her rings on her fingers.

I turned around and saw Chris and his friends talking on the other side of the field. I instantly became annoyed.

"It's Chris isn't it?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"N-no." She replied.

"Yeah. You keep looking back over there because of him."

"I really need to talk to him." She looked at him again.

When will she just get over him already!

She began walking off until I grabbed her arm and pulled her to me. Without thinking, I kissed her for a while, not wanting her to talk to damn Chris.

I had to keep her away from him.