Chapter 41

~Gabrielle's POV~

I walked back up to Lexis's door and pressed the doorbell. She had texted me saying it was urgent and to comeover so I rushed straight from Chris's house over there.

"Hey!" She answered and pulled me in the house.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Guess what!" She smiled.

Before I could even say anything she screamed. "Ace asked me to go to the sports banquet with him!"

"Oh my gosh! Yeay!" I jumped up like a kid and gave her a hug.

"So what are you gonna wear?" I asked.

"Hmm...I'm not sure. I haven't thought of anything. I texted you as soon as he left."

"Well then you know what that means..." I deviously smiled.

"SHOPPING!" We both screamed.

"We can go tomorrow after school." Lexis excitedly said.

"Yeah! Sounds good. I'll have to let Chris know though becuase i'm supposd to meet him tomorrow as well." I smiled.

"Meet him for what?" Lexis glanced at me.

"Just to hangout I had a lot of fun with him today at the mall."

"Oh really! That's good!" Lexis smiled.

I ran my hand through my long hair and pushed it back. "Yeah, I even told him I loved him."

Lexis stared at me in awe. "Wait you said what!!?"

"Yepp.. I said the L word." I giggled.

"Wow, i'm in shock. Gabby the girl who doesn't like feelings and anything emotional actually finally told Chris she loved him." Lexis laughed.

"What do you mean 'finally'?" I glared at her.

"Well everyone knew you were going to tell him how you really felt about him sooner or later. I could always tell you liked him more than Sebastian. Well in this case, love." She smiled.

"Oh gosh!" I laughed. "I would be the weird one to hate someone so much as a kid and then grow up to love them."

"It's cause you are crazy." Lexis said.

"True but he is crazy too so I guess that's why we love each other." I replied. "Alright, well it's already late as hell so I better head home Lexis." I pulled out my keys.

"Okay, i'll see you tomorrow Gabby." She walked with me outside.

"Oh! I forgot to ask..but are you going to the sports banquet too?"

"Yeah, I have too." I replied.

"Because you are in sports?" She asked.

"Well yeah but also because i'm going with Chris." I smiled.

"Oh great! We both have dates!"

"I know right! I'll see you later!" I finally said and then drove off back to my house.

~The day of the dance~

After hours and hours of searching for a perfect dress, Lexis bought a long dark rich purple dress that tied around the neck. Her dress was decorated with sparkling silver crystals that were on the neckline. She had her medium length hair in a fancy updo and her makeup was a light purple smokey eye with a light peach colored gloss over her lips.

Needless to say she looked gorgeous and by the way Ace looked at her when she came down those stairs, he thought so too.

Ace looked fancy as well, he was wearing a black suit with a purple tie to match Lexis's dress and had his blonde hair slicked back.

As I was upstairs in Lexis's bathroom trying to finish my makeup, I heard the doorbell ring.

I heard Chris downstairs greeting everyone.

I looked at the time and saw it was 15 minutes before 8:00 p.m. Shit!

"Gabby hurry! Chris is already here and were all ready except for you." Lexis called out from downstairs.

I'm always the last one to be done. Either I am just slow or everyone else is just way too fast.

"Gabs were going to be late. I'm going up there if you don't hurry." Chris called out.

"No! I'm not done with my makeup." I said as I was trying to finish applying my lipstick.

I heard them start chatting downstairs.

I didn't really wan't to draw any attention on myself so I just quickly walked downstairs and grabbed my gold earrings that were on the doorway table.

They were all still talking it up in the kitchen about sports. Oh gosh, once you start talking about sports with Chris...there is no going back.

I was putting on my last earring until Chris started walking towards the door.

He was looking up at the stairs still. "Gabby are you ready now we ha-" He stopped once he saw me.

"Oh my gosh." He simply said.

"Don't stare at me!" I replied as I looked in the mirror while putting on my necklace.

"Why! You look so perfect." He smiled.

"You are too nice." I giggled.

I was wearing a long red dress that flowed out to the bottom and there was gold jewels along the bustline. I had my long hair in loose curls and my makeup consisted of winged eyeliner and a muted red lipstick.

Chris was wearing an all black suit and had his hair neatly tousled. The black had really brought out his tan skin tone and I took a second glance at him again when I noticed his high cheekbones. He looked like he could be a male model.

"Yay! Gabby your finished! Let's go." Lexis cheered and we all made our way to the limo.