Chapter 37

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been reading, voting, and messaging me! Also I just wanted to thank my best friend Lexis for supporting me since the beginning and inspiring me to write!

~Lexis's POV~

"Um, I don't know. I guess I just need to lay off dating for a while and focus on other things." Gabby said as she reclined her seat back.

"...What about Chris?" I asked curiously.

"Oh gosh that goofball." I giggled just thinking about him. "He's just going to stay my friend." She quickly replied. I could tell she was unsure of her answer.

I simply smiled and continued to watch the movie. I looked over to my right at Ace and he was falling asleep like a baby on the seat. He looked so innocent with his hair falling over his face and glasses sliding off.

"Psst!" I turned to Gabby who was texting.

"What?" She looked up at me.

I pointed at Ace with a devious grin and Gabby grinned as well. She reached into her purse and handed me her makeup bag.

We both giggled like 8 year olds as we knew what the plan was going to be.

I tip-toed over to Ace's seat and stood in front of him. Gabby watched me like a hawk as I began to apply eyeshadow to his eyelids.

I then began to swipe some blush along his cheeks and fill in his eyebrows with a high arch.

Gabby was still giggling in her seat as I was making Ace look like a bad drag queen.

I shuffled through the bag and pulled out an eyeshadow palette. I giggled as I began swiping bright blue shadow on top of Ace's eyelids.

Gabby couldn't contain herself and busted out laughing and then started choking on air.

Ace woke up and bolted off the seat.

"Damnit Gabs! You ruined it!" I began laughing myself.

"Ah! Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! It's just that Ace looks like a diva." She continued laughing again like an idiot.

"Wh-what happened? Why are you two laughing?" Ace asked in between yawns.

"Because Lexis over here turned you into a pretty, pretty princess." Gabby pointed at me.

Ace looked at us confused and walked to the bathroom. He rubbed his eyes and looked in the mirror.

"What the fuck!" He yelled.

Gabby and I continued giggling in the thatre room.

Her phone buzzed and she sat up to check it.

"Who is it?" I asked curiously. She was smiling at her phone.

She started typing with a smile still on her face.

"Gabby." I said again.

"Hmm, i'm sorry what?" She looked up from her phone.

"Who are you texting and why are you smiling so hard?" I asked again.

"Oh...It's Chris." She flipped her hair back.

"Ah hell." I replied.

"He wants to meet up, I gotta go. I'll see you later K?" She sat up and slid her phone in her pocket and rushed downstairs.

"Uh okay? Bye!" I said. Now it was just Ace and I again.

As if on cue, Ace came walking in as he rubbed his face with a towel. He took off his black hoodie, revealing a white v-neck underneath. His dark jeans looked like they were perfectly tailored to him and his white vans looked like they had never been worn before. I also noticed he had on a small silver necklace with a charm that looked like a Japanese symbol.

"What?" He noticed me staring at his necklace.

"Oh um, is the charm on your necklace in Japanese?" I curiously asked.

"Sure is. My grandmother gave it to me before she passed. She use to tell me it was her good luck charm. I wear it in memory of her." He smiled.

"Awh, that's really thoughtful. I didn't know you were part Japanese." I replied.

"Just a little." He chuckled. "My grandmother was half Japanese and half Italian."

"Oh cool! You don't look like you have any Japanese in you though." I giggled as he finished rubbing the makeup off.

"Yeah, I get that alot. My dad's side of the family is all Italian so the little Japanese part on my mom's side doesn't show up as much."

His phone rang. "Agh, sorry it's my coach. I have to take this." He sighed.

"No, it's okay." I smiled.

He spent a couple of minutes talking and then abruptly hung up.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

" I have to go to a last minute meeting for the sports banquet. I'm always the last one to know I swear." He pushed up his glasses.

"Aw, does that mean you have to go?" I said.

"Yeah I much rather stay here with you though." He grinned and put his hoodie back on.

"That'd be nice." I gave him a hug.

"Speaking of the banquet, I was wondering if you would wan't to be my ...date" He nervously asked and blushed.

I giggled. "I don't play a sport though!"

"You don't have to play a sport to be my date." He smirked.

"Oh, well in that case.." I paused to give him some suspense.

He stared at me nervously.

"Hell yeah!" I smiled.

"Whew! I thought you were going to say no." He chuckled.

"How can I say no to such a cute face?" I messed his hair up.

He slowly leaned in towards me. We were about to kiss until...his phone rang, again!

"Damnit!" He looked at his phone screen. "

"It's okay, go don't be late." I looked at his phone that was still ringing.

"I'm so sorry! I'll text you tonight!" He ran out the door and to his car.

I waved goodbye and walked back inside. If only his phone wouldn't have interrupted us.