Chapter 6

Your POV

"Us?" you asked in confusion. Meliodas nodded, his blonde curls bouncing at the top of his head.

"Us?" you repeated again with a bit of confusion.

Meliodas smirked and pointed his right finger upward while his left hand rested at his hip. "My dearest (Y/N), would you like to take the honor to help me find the rest of the Seven Deadly Sins?" he announced.

What?!
Did he just ask that?
What in the world do I say?

You threw these questions around your head, uncertain on which answer was the correct one to this offer.

If yes, I probably will die.
And what about my parents?

If no, I probably won't see him again.
Will I or do I care?
WHY DO I EVEN CARE?

And why does he need my help??
I MEAN HE'S FREAKING MELIODAS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

"Umm..uh..I-" you stammered, still choosing between your available choices.

Meliodas leaned in towards your face, waiting for your answer. You could feel his warm breath against your lips which made you blush a bright pink.

"Uh...s-sure? WAIT NO! um..YES! Final answer?" you stuttered uncontrollably.

Meliodas laughed a bit and lifts your chin so his bright, emerald green eyes meet your twinkling (E/C) eyes.

"I'm gonna leave now, but meet me near the edge of the forest. Then we'll head out to start the journey. The sooner the better! Be there by sundown!"

And just like that, he disappeared, not even telling you what to expect.

In your bedroom

Wow...that just happened...

Mom, Dad, what have I gotten myself into? Accepting a criminal's offer? He's not just any criminal...a heartless murderer..

• Flashback •

"Lily!! Wait up! You're going way too fast!" your 8 year old self giggled.

"(Y/N)! Sissy! You're so slow!" Lily laughed. Her red, curly hair flew behind her as she ran through the field of lilies.

"Lily, look! You got some petals in your hair. How silly of you!" you complained in a sisterly manner.

"Look at me! I'm a pretty princess!"

Your 5-year old red-head sister made a crown out of lilies and placed them upon her head. Her bright orange eyes resembled your mom's eyes with such kindness and hyperness. Her skin was tan, yet the perfect shade.

Smooth, soft, flawless..you were jealous of her looks at times, but proud.

"I present to you, Princess Lily! Princess of the Flower Fields! The soon-to-be Queen of all the gardens in the whole universe!" you praised.

"Haha yes! bow down to me!" she exclaimed confidently.

You smiled. "I love you Lily!"

"I love you too sissy! Maybe you can become the Queen of Dreams!"

You giggled.

And then that's when it happened.

That time when you regret not watching her run to the other side of the field as you picked some more of the while-yellow flowers.

If your back wasn't turned, it would have never happened.

It was your fault.

But was it mostly his?

"Lily! You better be close behind!" you called, humming Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

"SISSY!!"

You turned around in alert from Lily's screech. You see a blonde figure behind her dead body for a split second before it disappeared.

"LILY!!" you cried.

• End of Flashback •

"I'm sorry..." you whispered to yourself, letting a few tears fall off your round checks.

Author's Note:

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)