Chapter 34

Wowowowow

The last chapter made Meliodas soOooOoo OOC. It made me cringe. I'm horrible HAHA

•••

You blushed as you felt Meliodas's arms wrap around you. You gladly hugged him back, enjoying each other's warmth.

"Alrighty, how about we go downstairs and you tell us what happened?" Meliodas flashed his open smile.

"Sure," you responded. But then you remembered Gilthunder's words.

"You won't ever see them again..."

You could feel your body droop in desperation and anxiety. You couldn't tell them anything. Their lives...

You closed your eyes for a mere moment to ponder. You decided that revealing the holy knight's identity should be the most you can do. After all, it isn't spilling his plan.

You and Meliodas headed downstairs. You were only halfway down the stairs when the loud, busy room went quiet. All eyes quickly averted attention on you.

You gulped. Everyone's expressions were blank, but some emotion was mixed into their shaped visage. The silence was almost too much. The whole room would break from a paper clip dropping.

A sweat drop made it's way to your forehead. You slowly began back up the stairs.

"(Y/N)!!" Hawk broke the silence.

It seemed like the pressuring spell was broken, for that all the sins blinked and immediately ran up to you.

"(Y/N)!!!"

Meliodas laughed and walked off the final steps, watching in amusement.

You almost tripped and fell back when Elizabeth tackled you in a strong hug. You hugged her back.

"Thank goodness..(Y/N)," Elizabeth whispered into your ear. Her delicate voice was cracky.

You rubbed her back in reassurance. "It's alright, I'm fine...it was just a dream.."

Elizabeth let go, moisture in her blue pearl eyes. You felt really guilty as your pupils wandered to everyone else's countenance.

King floated unhappily on his leopard print pillow. Ban's hands were shoved into his pockets and Diane's teary eye was clear in the view of the window. Merlin and Gowther leaned against the wall.

"Everyone..I'm sorry..I made you worry..I'm fine, really!" You spread your arms open to indicate the sign of no injury,"Don't take this seriously!"

Hawk trotted to you and tapped your ankle with his hoof.

You peered down at him.

"Baka, we're relieved. Jesus man! You need to do some explaining!"

Your face grew hotter. You suddenly felt a force pushing you from the back, noticing that King was gently pushing you towards a chair.

Meliodas pulled out a stool where you sat uncomfortably. The sins gathered around. Even Diane scooted closer to the window.

You took a deep breath and puffed your cheeks out. "Are you guys ready?"

Everyone nodded.

You started to explain how your first weird dream occurred just a few weeks after arriving at the Boar Hat. You described the horrifying nightmare about your murdered sister and parents... how horrifying it was when the dreams gradually became more bothersome. You had nightmares in the dark about a voice haunting you of your power, making you activate its mystery for misfortune. At this point, everyone's eyes were wide and ears were sharp.

You exhaled. "And the sharp pain I felt in my head...it blacked me out. I woke up in some sort of cellar. It looked similar to those you would find in a kingdom."

Elizabeth's hands squeezed harder in its fist.

"It wasn't as dark though. I was tied to a chair. I felt so weak. My vision was blurry, but it cleared up after a while."

You paused. This is where Gilthunder appeared. He warned about telling them about the scheme, not his identity. You went on and risked it.

"A...A holy knight appeared in front of me. The same man who's been causing my pain, my dreams..the man messing with me.."

You bit your lip. "He claimed himself as Gilthunder."

You heard loud gasps. You looked down at the ground, not wanting to bare the shocked expressions now plastered on everyone's face.

"That bubblegum dümbass..." Ban growled.

You covered your face with your hands. "That's all...I'm sorry. You're all worried now."

It was silent. All you could hear was your long breaths and small sobs.

After a moment, a hand removed the shield from your face. You looked up with wide eyes and was greeted by a gentle smile from Meliodas. The sins were behind him, determined and caring looks found on every single one of them.

"(Y/N)...you shouldn't be crying. You shouldn't be feeling guilty either..it's not your fault. It's mine."

"Ours," Hawk corrected.

Meliodas went on. "We should've protected you..I dragged you into this and now you're being targeted. You could've stayed home...unaware of this power and safe with your family."

He lowered his head. "I'm..

"We're!!"

"...Sorry."

The sins murmured the same phrase right after.

You inhaled and cried a little more. "You guys...I love you all.."

"And we love you too."

•••

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)