Chapter 32

finally a chapter

am I right

•••

Meliodas's body was close to being pressed against your back. Butterflies tickled the insides of your stomach. You held your breath, modeling the position he wanted you to do.

Meliodas took a step back. "Let's see..feel your vibe again. You might have another skill."

You nodded and concentrated in the far distance, imagining wind, or something unique to spew out.

Hopeful as you were, nothing 'clicked.' You looked at the palm of your hand in disappointment, but sighed for a second chance.

Meliodas rubbed his chin. "I'm gonna attack you, and I want you to activate a sort of shield."

You faced him with nervous eyes. You saw his techniques and unbelievable strength, and you knew there was no way you were a match for him.

He jogged farther away from you, gripping the handle of his sword.

"I'm gonna do something simple, don't worry. It's just a slow encounter of my blade."

You nodded and stood straight. Thoughts of electricity swarmed your mind, pondering on what shield was hidden in your body.

"Ready?" Meliodas called out. Everyone watched you with curiousity.

You inhaled and clasped your hands like you were praying. You stared at Meliodas to give him the signal.

Without hesitation, he sprinted towards you, blade now showing it's keen edges. You panicked, trying to think of something.

Come on you idiot

Do something

Where the hell is your magic?

Your hands twitched.

Come onnn

You closed your eyes.

There!

Release!

Your instantly opened your eyes and yelled out a phrase,"Vortex!"

Immediately, the breeze started to pick up. It got stronger and stronger, the wind swirling around you. It packed together tightly with a sound that imitated something making impact with the ground.

(Yes I know it's an image of a water vortex but imagine yourself in that, but in smaller vortex made of wind and lightening ;))

Despite the dangerous conditions of a vortex, you were safe and everything was calm inside your shield. Your eyes widened at this new technique.

You now waited for Meliodas's attack. You heard metal banging from outside. Through the wind, you can make out the silhouette of Meliodas, and him attacking the defense.

It was more tiring than you thought to keep all this energy stable. You squinted your eyes, trying to keep the vortex strong.

The sounds of clanging still rung in the air.

He's still going at it?

You clenched your fist together. But in panic, you watched as the shape of Meliodas's body become more clear.

Finally, your shield weakened and gave out, the wind and lightning bolts bursting away. Meliodas smirked and charged at you.

You held your arms out in hope to block him, but he stopped right in front of you.

You looked up at his emerald eyes. His countenance expressed endorsement, but no drip of sweat was sliding down his head.

He slid his sword back in its seethe. He smiled and placed his hands on his hips.

"Not bad for your first time," Meliodas commented.

You rubbed the back of your neck and smiled. "How long did I manage?"

"2 minutes."

You sweat dropped. It was pretty good for accomplishing that much of a period first time, but in real battle, it was no use.

"Don't worry, you'll get stronger, and maybe hold it for 15 minutes!" Meliodas encouraged.

You grinned and nodded. "I hope so!"

•••

After all the exhausting training, everyone agreed to head back into the Boar Hat and have Ban prepare a delicious meal.

You plopped down on a stool at the bar counter and rested your chin on the palm of your hand. You watched how Ban carefully picked out the right ingredients.

"What are you gonna cook?" you asked him as he juggled around the cabinets.

Ban averted his attention to you and winked. "Something that will make ya extra full. It's a surprise."

You titled your head, now expressing full interest. As Ban took out some pots and pans, he looked at you with a stern face.

"Ughm," he fake coughed. "It's a surprise."

You blinked. "Oh! Okay."

You left him alone and decided to hang around in your room to, hopefully, take a short nap.

As you were walking up the creaking stairs, something sharp struck you on the side of your head.

"Ahhh!" you yelped in pain, caressing your head. It felt like a fierce migraine, except your nerves were constantly being stabbed. You cried out as your legs became weak. You quivered on the stairs and tried to hold in the extreme pain, but it was too much.

You heard someone shout your name, but before you could respond, everything went black.

•••

A/N:
YASSSSS
CLIFF HANGER
I miss doing them lol ;))))

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)