Chapter 17

You looked down at your wrists and squeezed your hands into a fist. The lightning bolts rushing up your wrists weren't there anymore. It was just your normal human veins.

You placed your hand on your cool forehead and sighed. "This was all a dream...it has to be..." you whispered to yourself.

But it felt so real...

You gradually got out of bed, picking up the pocket knife that was on the nightstand and carefully intertwining it into your braid. You then went downstairs to meet with everyone else.

"Hey (Y/N)-chan!" Elizabeth called with a cheery expression.

"Hi!" you replied back, waving your hand.

"We'll be arriving at Bernia pretty soon, so you could just sit down and relax," she said while wiping down a table.

King and Ban were outside with Diane while Merlin and Gowther stayed in their rooms.

You nodded and took a seat at the bar counter and continued to ponder over your dream.

Who did that voice belong too? And what's up with the lightning?

Wait, should I tell anyone about this?.
Should Meliodas know?

You bit your lip at the nagging decision that suddenly took place.

What if...
They reject me?

Your hard thinking was so complex that you didn't notice Elizabeth repeatedly saying your name.

"Ne, (Y/N)-chan?" she said, poking your cheek. You popped out of your daydream statement and peered up at her.

"I-I'm sorry...I guess I spaced out for a moment," you apologized, rubbing the back of your neck.

Elizabeth smiled and slightly tilted her head. "It's fine, what were you thinking about?" she asked.

You became stiff at her question. "Uh....I was just thinking about...."

Come on (Y/N), say something or else she'll be suspicious!

"I was wondering why we're going to Bernia!" you quickly fibbed. Elizabeth stared at you for a moment.

"Oh, well that's where we get the Ale! That town is famous for their delicious beer, you know!" she explained.

"Uh...well..that's pretty cool!" you stated. Wow...glad that worked...

Meliodas and Hawk walked into the room and greeted the both of you. "How was your nap, (Y/N)?" Meliodas asked.

Oh no...
Do I be honest?

"I-it was pretty good! Slept l-like an angel!" you stammered.

More like a thunder cloud...

Meliodas smiled and went behind the bar counter to pour himself the last cup of Ale.

"That's good. Oi, Hawk, tell Merlin and Gowther to come downstairs. We'll be arriving at Bernia in 10 minutes," he said.

Hawk wiggled his snout as a signal for accepting the favor and headed upstairs.

"I'll be outside!" Elizabeth called as she stepped out the doorway.

Now I'm alone...with Meliodas..

You looked at him as he briskly chugged down his cup of beer. He wiped his mouth against his white sleeve and sighed.

"Sorry about kissing you earlier," he piped up.

You stiffened. Omg...I forgot about that!

You blushed dark red and looked away. "It's alright!! I-I mean...it was unexpected...but it wasn't in a r-romantic way! R-Right? I mean it shouldn't! We're o-only friends! Stop talking (Y/N)!" you constantly stammered.

Meliodas's expression turned into disappointment for a second, but he chuckled and placed his hands on his hips.

"That wasn't the first time I did that, ya know," he smirked.

Your (E/C) eyes widened.

"EH??!!"

Your fist was ready to punch when Merlin, Gowther, and Hawk walked in.

"I'll get you..." you angrily muttered to Meliodas with a glare.

He quietly laughed and greeted the two sins. "Ayo! We're going to arrive in town pretty soon, so let's head outside!" he said.

They nodded and followed him out the door. You waited till they disappeared before you could rant.

"UGH! I HATE HIM! SINCE WHEN DID HE KISS ME?? NOW THAT I SAY IT OUT LOUD IT SOUNDS CREEPY!!!" you exclaimed.

Your cheeks puffed up with air as you tried to calm down. "That felt better..." you sighed.

Hawk opened the door and looked at you.

Oh no...did I yell too loud?

He smiled and beckoned you to come outside with his black hoof.

"Come on, (Y/N), Bernia is in sight!"

You bit your lip and stepped out the doorway. The cool breeze felt soothing as it hit your skin. Your (H/C) hair immediately blew behind you.

You looked at Meliodas who's back was towards you. An evil idea popped into your head.

"This is my chance..." you said to yourself.

You ran as fast as you can and tackled Meliodas from behind. Both of you fell, you at the top while he was at the bottom.

You pinned him down. "Never, ever kiss me without permission!! Or else!" you threateningly warned him.

All the sins stared at you as Diane pouted in frustration.

Meliodas looked up at you with his green, emerald eyes. Then, in such a sudden way that you didn't have time to resist, he wrapped his arm around you and pulled you against him. Your faces were so close that his warm breath could be felt against your lips.

You blushed, your face turning into a scarlet color.

Meliodas leaned his mouth towards your ear. "I can't promise you that, (Y/N)," he whispered.

•••

A/N: YASSSS

MELIODAS AND READER MOMENT

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)