Chapter 47

"Get your shit together. Because we're going to need you now."

Her sudden demand shocked you at first, but you gathered your nerves and nodded in response. You understood that something, no.. rather someone was about to approach with its clear goal to stir up great extents of trouble.

Elizabeth stood beside you. "Everything is going to be fine, (Y/N). We have the sins fighting beside us. And most importantly, we have you."

You looked at her and felt relieved to see the kind expression that she always wore. You smiled and turned your gaze back ahead.

"Mhm. You're right, Elizabeth." It's just another fight. Your whole life depends on battling now (Y/N).

There was complete silence with the bothersome tension that filled the air. Besides the soft rustling of the leaves and whirling of the wind, not a single noise dared to disturb the silence. The concentration everyone held was not to be broken.

You watched every corner of what was around you. Your eyes darted to every place where there was any sudden movement. That same overwhelming aura that you detected before seemed to conceal itself.

Wait...

Above?!

You quickly looked up to see a slender figure wielding two black swords in each hand. You were surprised to see the identity of a girl dressed in no heavy armor. Unlike the rest of the holy knights, the girl wore a short designed uniform with an oversized crew neck and sleeves.

Before you had time to comprehend her sudden appearance, she disappeared in an instant.

Where'd she go?

You frantically scanned any area where she could pop up again. The sins were alert of her skills, yet remained calm and waited for the enemy to expose herself.

A cool breath swiped across the back of your neck. Your mind and body's instincts pushed you to dodge back as a black sword slashed towards you.

A little sting tingled on your stomach. Your eyes widened when a pair of deep orange eyes peered up at you with pure bloodlust. Her elbow pulled back to reveal a sharp blade rushing to drive straight into your gut.

Nope, I won't let you..

You swiftly shifted your body to the right and dragged her driving hand down. The abrupt movement brought her body weight too forward. With this chance, you used your free hand and grasped the back of her neck.

"Internal Shock!" you shouted.

Waves of electricity raced through your veins and emitted through your hand, transferring a devastating amount of shocking energy into the enemy's body. A painful yell escaped from her mouth in response to your power.

You jumped back and lifted your arm to present a palm and stiffened fingers. Lightning begged to zap from your fingertips.

"You bitch," the dual sword wielder muttered.

Her head lifted and another charge came coming your way. Your shock slowed down her speed, but it still seemed as if she disappeared in space.

Move. Move!

Your body stood still.

Dammit!

A white cloud of electricity covered every inch of your body like a second skin. Your eyes began to lose vision.

"Alright, I think that's enough."

The electricity that enveloped around you dispersed into thin air and your muscles began to relax. You winced as your vision started to clear up again. In front of you was an unconscious girl on the ground and a smirking Ban. His straight hand struck a single chop to stop her.

"Ban.." you lowered your arm and felt the uncontrollable adrenaline gradually subside.

Ban ran a hand through his messy hair. "You were about to do some crazy shit right there, (Y/N)."

"But you looked so cool!" Diane added, "You were all 'INTERNAL SHOCK!'" She swung her hammer and posed with a heroic expression.

You blushed and rubbed your arm in embarrassment. "I don't know where I learned those words either, they just came out so.. so-"

"So naturally," Meliodas finished. You looked at him to see a proud grin plastered on his face. You smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, naturally."

•••

"We're just keeping her here?" Ban caviled as he placed a bowl full of scraps in front of Hawk.

After the short interaction with the mysterious armed girl, Merlin insisted to keep her as hostage to interrogate her for reasons of her attack. All the sins agreed besides a complaining Ban.

"For interrogation reasons, yes," Merlin responded, "I'll restrain her if necessary."

Ban groaned and returned to his familiar position at the bar. "Not my fault if she goes all savage on you."

The rest of the sins took advantage of reserving their own free time. King and normal-sized Diane rested on his pillow under the window engrossed in deep conversation. Gowther carried on with sticking his nose inside a book and Merlin went outside to speculate the area. Elizabeth tended to the enemy's wounds.

You sat next to Meliodas as he indulged himself with his 5th bottle of Ale. You happily munched on a curry meal Ban prepared especially for you.

"Ahhh, that hit the spot," Meliodas heaved a huge sigh, slamming a fully chugged bottle on the counter.

"You're drunk idiot," you rolled your eyes, watching him sulk and listening to his stupid remarks.

"(Y/N), you're so amaaazingg.."

"I wanna be tortured by those powers of yourrrss.."

"Your hair! Your hair is so soft!"

Your brows furrowed. "Meliodas, please stop touching my hair."

He smirked and chuckled. "Then I'll touch you down here!"

It suddenly got warmer between your legs and small hands softly fondled your chest. Your face burned a deep red when you looked to see Meliodas's face shoved in your skirt.

"P-p-pervert! Get o-"

He inched up from between your legs and wrapped his arms around your waist. He then proceeded to bury his face in the valley of your breasts and closed the gap between your bodies.

"You're so warm and soft (Y/N)," Meliodas said with his voice muffled out.

Your face only got more red from there. Your heart couldn't stop pounding. It was practically impossible for Meliodas not to hear your rapid heart beat.

You held the blonde boy in your arms and caressed his head with a gentle embrace.

"You're so stupid, you know that," you whispered into his ear.

But I'm more stupid for wanting to stay like this forever..

Author's Note:

what!? a chapter? and it's at least 1000 words?

haha yes! i'm working to making the plot of this story even better and i've been editing old chapters written years ago. i'm embarrassed to see how badly i opened up the story >.< i'm so sorry to my old readers who had to endure that.

hopefully many more chapters to come!