Chapter 48

As you embraced the drunkard blonde in your arms, Elizabeth approached you with a concerned canvas worn on her face.

"(Y/N)-chan, the girl has gained consciousness again. She wishes to see you," she informed you.

You were a little surprised from the sudden request. You looked down at Meliodas and realized that he perked up from Elizabeth's words.

"I'll go with you," he said, moving away from your arms and gaining balance on his legs.

"No," you rejected, "if she wants to see only me, then I'll respect her wishes. I can do this on my own."

You and Meliodas shared a moment of eye contact. His pupils, although slumped from the Ale, were begging to stay by your side.

You bit your lip. "I understand you're concerned, but I can't rely on any of you guys for every single thing that happens now." You turned to face the other sins to see them agreeing for your benefit.

Without staying to hear another protest, you headed up the stairs and into the room where the guest awaited you.

You knocked on the door and waited for approval to enter.

"Come in," a weak voice said.

You opened the door slowly. The girl was sitting up comfortably in bed. She kept her gaze away from you as she stared out the window. She remained silent while you fully entered the room.

"You wanted to see me?" you spoke, standing at the end of the bed.

She continued to stare out the window. Her expression was blank and her hands rested on top of each other on her lap.

"You were supposed to die," she mumbled, squeezing her hands tightly.

You sighed. "Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I wasn't going to let that happen."

Her brows furrowed. "I was supposed to kill you."

The girl finally turned her head to face you. Her cold eyes were now beaming a deep shade of the darkest purple. You thought you remembered them colored as an orange hue.

"But I guess I underestimated you."

You backed up and ignited the electricity in your veins. You watched as she laughed and tilted her head in amusement.

"I could easily kill you right here, right now, but with your stupid little friends downstairs..they'd surely do the same to me once they sense your presence has disappeared," she growled.

"So you wouldn't dare to escape after?" you asked cautiously.

She glared at you, the entirety of her pupils still a deep haunting purple. "Whatever you did to me," she pointed at her heart, "messed something up internally."

Elizabeth's healing didn't do anything?

You took this as an advantage to interrogate the enemy and attempt to mess with her mentally.

"Who are you?"

•••

Meliodas' POV

"I understand you're concerned, but I can't rely on any of you guys for every single thing that happens now."

(Y/N) looked at each one of our faces to make sure her message was conveyed. Everyone nodded for her benefit, but I was the only one who could just stand there, slumped and stuck in my drunk thoughts.

Before I could say another word, she proceeded up the steps to meet with our unknown guest.

"She's so stubborn," I groaned as I rested my head on the bar counter. I buried my face in my arms and tried to enjoy the effects of the beer.

"Captain," Ban spoke, "she's a tough girl, she'll be fine. Plus, she's just another level above us."

I looked up to see my buddy wiping a beer cup dry with a rag. He averted his attention to me and gave a smirk.

I sighed and straightened up. "I just care too much about her, you know? No matter what, I'm not letting anyone lay a single finger on what's mine."

I said those words with no hesitance, no second thought, especially to whoever was around me. I continued to engross in conversation with Ban without noticing a saddened Elizabeth listening behind me.

The one who did notice was a certain round pig already trotting over to her.

"Elizabeth-chan?" Hawk said when he approached her side.

Elizabeth peered to her side to acknowledge Hawk's approach. "H-Hi! Is there anything you need?"

The pink friend snorted and lifted a hoof to the door. "Let's talk outside."

She followed the direction of his hoof and realized the reason behind the further isolation from the rest of the sins.

"Alright," she accepted.

•••

"Who am I?" the girl recited your question.

"Yes, I asked who you are, and now I demand an answer," you replied aggressively, relaxing your shoulders and keeping enough power charged in the palm of your hands.

She cackled and lowered her head. Her red locks fell from behind her ears to hide the murderous guise appearing on her countenance. The cackling didn't stop until a few moments passed and silence replaced the evil echoes.

"Oh (Y/N).." she finally mumbled. She slowly began to lift her head again.

Every muscle in your body immediately tensed up the minute your eyes made contact with hers. The amount of bloodlust emitting from those pupils were unbelievably horrid, horrid enough to bring your back against the wall. She placed her hand on top of her mouth to hide the lower half of her face. But between the spaces of her fingers, you were able to acknowledge the wide grin creeping onto her lips.

"Answer my question," you repeated through a clenched jaw, "Now."

Her wide grin slowly faded into a blank expression. She raised her eyebrows and sighed.

"Why, that's not a nice tone to give your younger sister, is it?"

•••

A/N: i changed the tiniest details of the younger sister in the beginning chapters to match with the recent ones so pls bare with me !!