Chapter 45

you guys gave up on me but dont worry theres still a spark of love in my heart for this story :')

•••

You stumbled over the looping roots of the trees belonging to the bordering forest of Cain Town. You took a few more steps till the light graze of the meadow brushed against your slender legs.

The sins hurried to the Boar Hat with excitement as they processed the new information significantly shared by your mother. You sighed and recalled her engraving words before departing for the long journey.

.

.

.

"(Y/N)?"

You turned to face your mother as she pulled you aside from the living room for a private discussion.

"Yes mom? Is there anything else you need to tell me?"

She sighed and her eyes began to water once again. Her lip quivered as she struggled to utter the words she desperately wanted to tell you.

"(Y/N), I need you to be careful. I'm trusting you with the sins in your decision to face the holy knights, but you're stronger than you know. Please, I don't want to be waiting here without knowing if you truly will come back and return peace to the kingdom. I can't lose you too, after just finding out my daughter is okay."

You were surprised by her words. You grabbed her hands and gently squeezed them for reassurance. "Mom, I understand. But I need you to believe in us. I promise I will return home soon and our lives can return to normal. Dad will be proud."

Your mother expressed a soft smile to your words. You smiled back and leaned in for a hug, realizing it was the last one you would share with her for a while. Her caring embrace brought you comfort and safety that you yearned to keep permanent.

She let go after a short while and kept your hands in her grasp. Her countenance was then replaced with an expression of hesitance yet determination.

"What's wrong mom?" you asked in worry. She began to rub her fingers across your veins.

"The electricity, it runs through them.. I remember your father's. They were so vibrant and magical. Sometimes if you traced them a little shock would even transfer."

You listened to her in curiosity. Suddenly, your mother turned your palms up and hovered her hands over them. She closed her eyes and allowed silence to drop over the two of you.

"Mom what are you-"

You were interrupted by unrecognizable words escaping her lips, strange phrases that seemed to originate from a whole other region. You struggled to understand her chants that were barely audible, but you remained confused and a little uneasy.

A violet glow shimmered between both of your palms. You looked down and a gasp escaped from you.

Strange symbols glowed down your wrists and magical wisps danced all around your mother's shoulders. Strands of her hair began to float. Despite the appearance of the wisps, her eyes remained calmly shut.

You examined the interaction between your hands and realized a violet source poured out from her palm and transferred into yours. An insane aura formed and your body felt energized with unfamiliar feelings. You couldn't help but let your jaw drop from the enchanting spell that seemed to emit from your mother's foreign chants.

And just like that, the amethyst light and wisps disappeared as they raced into you. You stumbled back a bit in reaction.

Your mother exhaled deeply and opened her eyes. For a mere moment, you thought they swiftly glistened with an iris crescent.

"W-what.. what the hell was that?" you asked in not only confusion, but hints of fear and awe.

She placed her hands on your cheeks and stared deep into your eyes, as if she was testing if the sudden exchange of violet rays reached you.

"My precious daughter, you will learn soon of what I have gifted you. It's a secret sacrifice that I believe you deserve. I know it won't go to waste. Just trust in it and it will trust in you."

You desperately tried to gather more entail and an explanation, but your mother forbid any further discussion. She smiled with warmth and reassurance.

"Now, you and the sins better grant peace to Liones..and avenge those who died in the presence of the holy knights. Avenge your father. And please return to me."

You bit your lip and nodded. "I promise."

•••

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)