Chapter 22 - I will be

Chicklit #541. Not bad….not bad…. Lol

Remember to comment and vote (that means you @halcyon)

I thought over everything carefully as me and Liam walked back to his car. It was either I was in love with Jhonny or I wasn’t. I couldn’t force myself to or not to love him. I sighed kicking the ground beneath me. Liam had been staying silent for the most part, I figured he could probably tell I was thinking.

“You know-” he started suddenly. I snapped my head up to listen to him until I heard a loud gunshot. Liam quickly grabbed me by the waist and shoved me behind the nearest car and we both hid there until I heard another shot and the bullet passed by right us. I nearly let out a blood curling scream until Liam placed his hand over my mouth.

“You’ll draw more attention to us” he whispered. I nodded and he removed his hand from my mouth hesitantly. We stayed there for several more minutes until I was sure it was clear. We got up from the ground and I looked around at any sign of danger.

“What was that?” I asked in a shaky voice.

“I don’t know. C’mon” he said, holding out his hand for me. We headed back to Liam’s car and he made me drive. “I need to look out for anything” he explained. I took off at full speed; luckily the road was clear except for one car chasing after us. I looked at the rear-view mirror and saw it was the same car me and Liam had been hiding behind.

I cocked one eyebrow and came to an abrupt stop and the car that was chasing us got caught off guard and crashed into the nearest pole. I looked back at the accident before focusing on the road.

“That was close” Liam said. “I used to do this kind of crap all the time for Tracy, you know causing accidents and stuff, I’m sure that was your first time doing that and you’re already an expert” he teased. I smirked at him and slowed down slightly. To be safe, I parked his car in front of a different hotel.

We got out quickly and walked into the hotel. I was heading straight to my parents’ room. I knocked on the door and my dad eventually answered the door.

“Yes?” he asked, buttoning his shirt up. Oh dear.

“We have a problem daddy” I told him, walking into the room with Liam following close behind.

“Which is?”

“Someone tried to shoot me and Shawna today and then another person followed us here” Liam explained to him, more coherently than I would’ve.

“What?” my dad asked looking shocked. “Tracy” he ground out. I nodded at him and he clenched his hands into fists.

“He’s never going to stop” Liam said. “You need to get out of the country.”

“No! I’m not running away. We just need to go on with our lives” I said, crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly. My dad sighed and nodded at me.

“She’s right” my dad said. “The Embrys aren’t cowards” he told Liam who just smiled at us.

“I was hoping you’d say that” Liam said, looking proud of me. “Business as usual.”

“Business as usual” I confirmed, returning Liam’s smile.

“Your mom’s uncle attacked you?” Raine asked, looking shocked. I nodded and calmly took a bite of my pizza. I was trying to act natural since I promised Liam it would be as usual. Liam gave me a sad look, he knew I was far from calm.

“Yeah but it’s okay” I said. “He missed.”

“But still you could’ve gotten hurt Shawna” Jhonny said, looking worked up. He, Junior and Mikael had made a big deal out of the bullet which had barely missed me and Liam. I reached across the table and took his hand which actually made him calm down. Junior and Mikael glared at our hands and Tamani and Liam just smirked at me.