Chapter Two: Promises.

Alright please leave comments or any questions you have please.  Let me know what you think thank you.

STORY TIME:

I woke up to the smell of food and the sound of laughter outside my tent. I get up and get dressed, I also check my blood sugar, 88. Gabbing Rick's gun I think about last night, I smile. Thank you, Lord and Lady! Thank you so much for giving my brother back!... Should I give this back?

I go outside and see Rick. I walk up and smile more. "Hey this is yours, you should have it back."

He smiles and replies. "Keep it, I have one. Did you get your insulin from Glenn? What is your level at?" I shake my head and run to Glenn.

"Hey got my Insulin? I forgot to ask yesterday, me being distracted and all."

He smiles, nods, and starts to dig in a sack. "Yeah I have it, plus something else as well. I'm glad your brother is alive."

"Me too. What do you have?" Curiosity lacing my voice. He pulls out 10 vials of insulin and a brand new glucose reader. This will last a good while, maybe 6 months if nothing goes wrong.

"Wow, thanks, Glenn." I hug him, as he's about to reply, a child screams.

Almost immediately we run into the woods to see a walker eating a deer with Daryl's arrow sticking out of its heart.

Well, Daryl isn't going to be happy about this.

Dale hacks the head off the walker and it rolls next to my foot I scoot it away with my shoe a bit.

"It's the first one we've had this far up the mountain." Dale says.

"Well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what." Jim points out.

A bush starts to rustle catching us all off guard as Daryl walks up.

"Son of a bitch! That's my deer!" I flinch at the sound of Daryl's yelling.

"Look at it all gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless, poxy bastard!" Daryl continues kicking at the corpse.

"Calm down son, that's not helping. " Dale says.

"What do you know 'bout it old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat back to On Golden Pond." He pulls the arrow from the deer and continues talking. "I've been tracking this deer for miles. Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part here?"

"Would not risk that." Shane answers.

"Sadly, deer would have been a good change from Squirrel." I say now glaring at the deer like it was the fault of the poor thing.

Daryl sighs in aggravation. "That's a damn shame, I got more squirrel, dozen, that'll have to do."

He walked by the head of the walker and it began moving again.

"Come on people, what the hell? It's gotta be the brain, don't Y'all know nothing?" Daryl says killing the walker with his crossbow then stalks back to camp. We follow him as he calls out. "Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got some squirrel, let's stew them up!"

"Daryl... slow down a bit I need to talk to you." Shane calls to him. I sigh knowing what's coming next.

"About what?" He turns around.

"About Merle, there was a problem in Atlanta."

"He dead?"

"We're not sure...."