Chapter Forty: Unsettled Peace...

A year and a half has passed since that day. Things, for the most part, have changed for the better, the communities have started to get along, we work on clearing routes to each of them and they all contribute as much as they can. Each community has its perils right now, Hilltop though still, the best at farming needs new equipment, Alexandria still needs supplies to rebuild, Oceanside still is trying to bring in new things and the Kingdom is still living in medieval times. Siddiq and I have taught many including Enid how to heal and perform major surgeries in case something happens and we are not there. I mostly stay at the Hilltop with Maggie and Daryl sadly runs the Sanctuary, but I couldn't be around them. We are still together and our bond is still there but I think in some ways I have grown quieter and he has started to speak out more. I miss him and on the days that we are together, we are hardly alone to even talk. Though tension between Rick and I is still there we still love each other and I will always be there for him. I visit a lot for Judith, and at the Hilltop I always visit Hershel. Maggie, Daryl, and I still are going to go through with our plan, we are still just waiting for the best moment. I never go into the Alexandria prison where he is and I barely ever go to the Saviors place aka the Sanctuary even with Daryl there. In the past year and a half, I have only been there 5 times because of major events and wounds. The Sanctuary's peril was the fact that the crops they tried to grow there did not ever last and that made it hard to make the fuel.

I smile as I lean my head on Dary's back, I hadn't seen him in two weeks, he puts his arm down and curls his fingers with mine, silently letting me know he's feeling what I am, he missed me too. We are riding to clear Route B for our big run to the Smithsonian Museum where there would be some significant equipment to scavenge for, people from all the communities would be going on this run. Jadis told us that it would have a lot of seeds and plows to get a hold of. We meet up with the group and I wave to Jerry as we all make our way to the museum. We get to the front and I smile at everyone as we get off the bike. I give everyone a hug as we move towards the doors. We all grab our weapons as Rick opens the door and whistles after a sec a walker sticks his head out and Michonne takes it out.

"We're good for now." She tells us after checking for others. "Sweep protocol when we get in." We nod and follow her in as Rick opens the door fully. The Museum is a mess with dust everywhere just like most buildings we scavenge nowadays. Rick kills a walker that seems to not be able to stand fully and get to him and grabs a map of the museum layout.

"You all got your lists," Rick turns to all of us as we make our way into the middle wing of the building. "Circle back here when you're done. Be safe!" I follow Rick and Daryl into the Natural History wing of the museum as I was to help find these seeds Jadis talked about. Part of the group goes upstairs for things and I follow Rick and Jadis downstairs for the stuff on our list. Grabbing my flashlight as we reach darkness, I try to keep calm as I feel the spiderwebs cling to me as we go further into the basement. I turn suddenly when I hear a thud and Siddiq's cries, I run following the sounds to make sure he is ok. Rick and Enid are there first, I shudder when I shine my light on a swarm of spiders, I start to stomp on them.

"You okay?" Rick asks as Siddiq brushes off spiders from himself.

"Yeah, Yeah." He answers, still swiping at himself. "Yeah, thanks, there were spiders. I don't like spiders."

We make our way into another wing, Gabriel kills the only walker in the hall, Jadis and I pause and stare at the human evolution of man and the walker at the end hanging by skulls.

"Intelligent design." Gabriel smiles at it.

"Very poetic," I smirk at it and walk away as I hear Jadis speak.

"The de-evolution of man. I like it."

We finally make our way into the historical management wing and break the rusted chains on the door to find an old filing room. We check for walkers and I kill the only one in here and turn when I hear the drawers rattle open. Rick finds some seeds and hands them to me, Rattlesnake snap beans. I smile at him as I pull out more seeds.