Chapter Thirty Three: Burning Morals Away

I was sitting waiting for Maggie to come back, Carol and I were in our minds I was starting to get angry at myself as I could not think of a way out of this, mostly because I did not know of where I was. If we did escape how would we get home? I would need the radio to get ahold of my brother. Ok, Esme how to get the radio? Kill Paula and Molly... I thought to myself. Boy wasn't Daryl right about going against your morals... I thought suddenly wishing I had agreed to stay home or was planning the wedding instead. I shake my head to try and focus when I hear Rick's voice.

"Have you thought about it?" He asks I could hear that he was getting impatient. "Talk to me."

"You weren't listening," Paula says back her tone flippant. "I said I would contact you."

"Would it make a difference if I said I was sorry about that?"

"What do you think?"

"I think we're gonna make the trade," Rick was hopeful. "So tell me where."

"We haven't agreed to that," Paula answers now passing the room.

"You will."

"You know what? I'm not so sure." Paula shakes her head, "We'd be taking much of a risk, and not getting much of a reward."

"The other options won't work out for you," Rick tells her, she turns to me and looks me in the eye.

"We'll take our chances." She tells him and turns off the radio. I sigh and look to Carol she sighs and looks to Paula.

"You don't have to do this." She tells her. "You don't have to fight."

"Your people killed all of my people." Molly steps up with Paula. "Of course we gotta fight."

"We didn't want to."

"But you did. So tell me why?" Paula bends down in front of her.

"Your people ambushed my people on the road," Carol says eyes starting to water I tilted my head in confusion at her tears. "Tried to take everything we had, they were going to kill them. Ask Esme she was there." Paula turns to me and I nod shrugging like I didn't care.

"Well damn," Molly says staring at me. "So now we know what happened to T's group. Those idiots; probably put on a big show."

"OK, fair play." Paula nods. "You were just defending yourselves, but see, your people killed them on the road, right?" Again I just nod, I knew where she was going with this, my logic sadly following hers. "Blew them to pieces, so why not stop?" She turns to Carol.

"They said they were working for Negan," Carol explains.

"And what do you think you know about Negan?"

"That we had to stop him or he and his people would take all of our shit. The shit we worked too hard to get." I finally speak up glaring at both the woman. Carol shakes her head letting a tear fall.

"We heard he was a maniac. We were scared, we had to stop him."

"Oh, sweeties, sweeties." Molly shakes her head looking between us two. "We are all Negan."

"What do you mean?" Carol asks this was when I finally picked up on what she was doing. She wasn't being a scared crying girl for anything she was gaining intel; play-acting. I admired her plan. "What does that mean?" She asks as Molly coughs. They never did answer the question.

Instead, Paula tells Carol her life story about the beginning. I laugh when she says that she was herself but better. She turns to me glaring.

"I lost everything and it made me stronger."